AdvanTec Global is seeking an experienced, progressive and innovative Director of Engineering to join our team. As the Director of Engineering, you will oversee all aspects of Engineering for our Marine and Industrial Divisions. As a Technical Expert, you will drive process optimization, integrated life-cycle services and oversee intellectual property of new product development. In addition, the Director of Engineering brings an Intrapreneurial spirit and leads by example to mentor, grow and develop a talented, multidisciplinary team of Engineering professionals.
Essential Functions for this role are:
- Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of engineering to meet company objectives for new product development, technical sales support, product design, Design Engineering, & Production Engineering.
- Oversees key projects, policies, processes and performance reports.
- Collaborate with Sales on strategic sales opportunities and ways to reach the design community more effectively.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert to assess the viability of potential projects and the technical requirements needed to deliver to customers.
- Working with the manufacturing and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements
- Supports lean initiatives intra department and through DFMA
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Responsible to ensure hardware & software utilized by the engineering team is the appropriate technology and optimizing data flows.
- Direct, supervise, mentor and develop staff to deliver departmental results that meet and/or exceed planned expectations.
- Demonstrate strong leadership through training and coaching to drive excellence and to implement continuous improvement activities.
- Acts a Culture Champion for the Company supporting and participating in culture initiatives to foster the Intrapreneurial and collaborative culture of AdvanTec
- Develop team member skill sets and expertise to create a well-rounded Engineering team that offers a clear path for career growth for team members
- Partners with HR to create a Department Succession Plan to assist in mitigating risks created by attrition.
If you have the following skills, then we want to hear from you!
- Bachelor s Degree in an Engineering (Mechanical Engineering focus is a strong asset)
- Professional Engineer (PE/P.Eng) designation is required
- 15+ years of experience as a Engineer within project based and manufacturing environments
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive Engineering Management experience leading a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in the marine industry is considered an asset
- Modern experience with New Product Development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Highly collaborative as demonstrated through being a strong team builder and team player who leads by example
- Passionate about and can demonstrate a successful track record in continuous improvement though the use of Lean Management tools
- Driven with a demonstrated track record delivering results complete and on-time
- Able to influence and motivate employees within the business unit/s while holding them accountable to commitments
- Able to deal with difficult situations in a positive manner
- You are driven and enjoy some autonomy in a position
- You are interested in this role but also aspire to grow
Who are we and why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is growing and there are opportunities to grow with the organization
- We are a team of Intrapreneurials, dedicated to delivering innovative and quality products to our customers in the Marine and Contract Manufacturing Industries.
- Our full-time employees are eligible for our RRSP matching program of up to 3% and we have a great benefits package
- We value our employees and everyone has a voice in the organization
AdvanTec Global offers competitive compensation packages, the rate of pay for this role will be based on experience & education. If you want to learn more about the organization, please visit our website at www.advantecglobal.com
Thank you for your interest in AdvanTec Global. We thank all applicants in their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 10 years
- Engineering: 10 years