The ADGA Group is seeking a Senior Technical Writer with the following skills and qualifications to join a new project team. Responsibilities:
- Document help text, user manuals, technical documentation, web page content, etc.
- Review documentation standards and the existing project documentation.
- Determine documentation requirements and makes plans for meeting them.
- Gather information concerning the features and functions provided by the developers.
- Assess the audience for the documents/manuals, which are required and prepare a statement of purpose and scope for each.
- Develop a table of content for each document/manual and write or edit the required content.
- Investigate the accuracy of the information collected by making direct use of the material being documented.
- Prepare or coordinate the preparation of any required illustrations and diagrams.• Design the layout of the documents/manuals.
- Use word-processing, desktop publishing and graphics software packages to produce final camera-ready copy.
Mandatory Requirements (experience/skills/clearance):
- A valid secret clearance
- A minimum of 10 years experience in writing documentation in French and English for software systems
- A minimum of 10 years experience developing and maintaining system user manuals, training manuals, documentations and web pages
- A minimum of 10 years experience with desktop publishing
- A minimum of 5 years experience with graphics software
- A minimum of 3 projects in writing documentation for software systems, developing and maintaining system user manuals, training manuals, documentations and web pages
- Experience editing and publishing HTML code via Commercial Off the Shelf software products
- Experience leading quality assurance and editing of project documentation
- Experience establishing assessing and recommending documentation standards
- Experience preparing briefing materials and presentations to senior management
- Experience translating project documentation
Additional Comments: The ADGA Group has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required; it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.