ADGA delivers strategic insight, world-class technology and service excellence in Defence, Security and Enterprise Computing to clients in the Federal Government, other levels of government and in the private sector.
We are currently looking for an QA Tester for one of our opportunities in the Greater Toronto Area.
We are in need of a QA Tester who can help us develop a testing strategy and come up with a plan, who will work on our core application, as well as web-based products and API testing. We are looking for someone who has in-depth knowledge of the Software Test Life Cycle, and is motivated to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be someone who doesn’t shy away from problems and will keep trying different things until the issue is resolved.
- Planning, managing, and monitoring all activities that are required to test multiple IT Solutions using manual and automated techniques within set timelines and budget including test preparation, test execution, defect logging, defect tracking, and test closure
- Actively participating in walkthroughs of Business Requirements Documents (BRD), Functional & Technical Design documents, and proactively providing feedback
- Actively participating in the review of User Stories and breaking them into testable story cards in order to execute Test Sprints
- Actively participating in retrospective meetings & lessons learned meetings and proactively providing feedback
- Reviewing and providing comments on BRDs and Functional & Technical Design documents including identifying gaps, ambiguities, inconsistencies, and contradictions
- Developing Test Strategies, Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases/Scripts including obtaining sign-off from the key stakeholders
- Producing Daily Defect Reports. Daily Test Progress Reports, and Test Completion Report including presenting to and obtaining sign-off from the key stakeholders
- Assisting with test execution activities including, but not limited to, developing and executing test cases/scripts and recording test results if and when required
- Facilitating defect triage and resolution meetings with all key stakeholders
- Facilitating the demo of the user stories with all key stakeholders
- Verifying that the testing environment mirrors the production environment and identifies any gaps
- Other duties as needed to fulfil the overall goals of the organization and project
- 7+ years' demonstrated, hands-on experience as a QA Test Lead in large, complex projects within large organizations managing all aspects of testing for web and mobile applications including automated testing using keyword and data-driven frameworks
- 7+ years' demonstrated experience orchestrating and performing various types of testing (Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Acceptance), familiarity with non-functional testing (Accessibility, Usability, Security and Performance) is an asset
- 7+ years' experience following various SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, and Continuous Integration
- 7+ years' experience translating business requirements and user stories into test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- 7+ years' experience using HP suite of test tools including ALM v12.X, QTP/UFT, Performance Centre
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, facilitation, presentation skills involving all levels of staff
- Excellent ability to write clear communications including documenting the results and status of various types of testing and presenting them to all levels of staff.
- Excellent ability to coach, mentor, and train business and technical teams on QA/QC processes, best practices, and tools
- Proficiency with Windows 10, Mobile OS (iOS, Android), MS Office 2013+ applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), JIRA, GitHub, and MS TFS
- ISQTB or equivalent certification in Software Testing is an asset.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.