Founded in 1967, we are a privately owned and operated Canadian company with a strong culture of commitment, trust and transparency. We harness the best and brightest minds to provide tailored solutions whilst creating unique avenues for continued professional development.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Loyalty and Trust and a commitment to excellence, which define us and guide our organizational conduct.
We are currently looking for a Programmer/Software Developer – Level 2 for one of our opportunities in the National Capital Region.
- Develop and prepare diagrammatic plans for the solution of business, scientific and technical problems by means of computer systems of significant size and complexity;
- Analyze the problems outlined by the systems analysts/designers in terms of such factors as style and extent of information to be transferred to and from storage units, variety of items to be processed, extent of sorting, and format of final output results;
- Select and incorporate available software programs;
- Develop code based on design and requirements documents;
- Develop code to write and read from a database;
- Translate detailed flow charts into coded machine instructions and confer with technical personnel in planning programs;
- Verify accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing sample data, and testing them by means of system acceptance test runs made by operating personnel;
- Correct program errors by revising instructions or altering the sequence of operations;
- Test instructions, and assemble specifications, flow charts, diagrams, layouts, programming and operating instructions to document applications for later modification or reference;
- Provide related briefings and status reports to management;
- Any other work related to this category.
- Must clearly demonstrate at least 7 years of experience as a Programmer/Software Developer for IM/IT systems. The experience must come from at least two separate projects.
- Must clearly demonstrate experience in developing and preparing diagrammatic plans for the solution of business problems by means of computer systems of significant size and complexity.
- Must clearly demonstrate experience in analyzing the problems outlined by the systems analysts/designers in terms of such factors as style and extent of information to be transferred to and from storage units, variety of items to be processed, extent of sorting, and format of final output results.
- Must clearly demonstrate experience in designing detailed programs by using, for example, flow charts, system use cases, class diagrams and activity diagrams using an industry standard modelling language such as UML.
- Must clearly demonstrate experience developing code with any one of the following programming languages: Java, .Net, ABAP, Cold Fusion, Perl, C#, or SQL; and, any one of the following middleware/frameworks: Tomcat, IIS, Spring, MSMQ, Oracle Portal, Citrix, MQ Series, Adobe, or SSA-Name- III.
Are you an ADGA employee or consultant? If so, check out our new referral program!
ADGA Group Consultants Inc. has policies and procedures in place to support its employees with accommodation requirements throughout the organization.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If accommodation is required, it is requested that you contact ADGA’s Accessibility Officer.