Our client in Ottawa is currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join their Clinical Affairs team. This is a contract expected to go for approximately one year, with the possibility for extension. This opportunity is offering Full Time hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Responsibilities for the Senior Scientist Role:
- Apply advanced Scientific knowledge to projects within the Clinical Affairs team.
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
- Understand and comply with applicable Environmental Health and Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Abilities for the Senior Scientist Role:
- Experience working within a Quality System an asset.
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a multi-departmental environment.
- Experience with data manipulation, graphical summary of large data sets and report writing (experience with SAS, JMP® and/or Minitab® and MS Office Suite an asset).
- Visual Basic
- Awareness of FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulations for in vitro diagnostic manufacturers a benefit.
- Innovation, ingenuity and originality are valued.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English).
- Technical writing experience
- Beneficial attributes: enthusiasm, decisiveness and adaptability to changing business requirements, self-starter.
Required Education and Experience for the Senior Scientist Role:
- BSc in Computer Science, Math, Science or Engineering.
- Minimum 3-5 years direct Science/Engineering/Math or equivalent experience, preferably in an industrial R&D or manufacturing setting, with medical devices, sensors, microfluidics and reagents.
The individual must be flexible and be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
If you are interested in the Senior Scientist role in Ottawa, ON, please click the APPLY NOW button below!