Are you passionate about developing amazing web and mobile apps?
Are you constantly pushing yourself to develop better, faster and more feature rich web and mobile apps?
Do you want to make a difference with Digital Products?
ACTRA Digital Labs wants to move the creation of a cloud-based SaaS platform featuring web and mobile apps for its Members, Industry Partners and Administrative staff from conception to rapid execution. ACTRA is seeking fulltime, permanent Full Stack Developers to join our IT and Digital Solutions team working out of our National office in Downtown Toronto.
The ideal candidate for this role is energetic and forward thinking, possessing solid product design and extensive coding experience to help take ACTRA's software solutions to the next level. If you have great B2B interpersonal skills, are a guru in .NET, and are always enhancing your skills with the latest technologies, you might be just the person we're looking for!
The IT & Digital Solutions team is comprised of very skilled, very committed individuals that always work collaboratively. The team collectively creates a unique work environment that is fast-paced and challenging, but also very open and supportive.
- Define problems, digital product specifications, joint development work breakdown structures and full-stack technical architectures and solutions.
- Develops robust software according to product design and implements an interface to enhance the users experience and increases the value the application provides.
- Builds highly scalable, distributed and API driven applications. Writes clear, consistent and simple to use API layers that other apps use to operate against ACTRA's digital business logic and data model layers.
- Data Modeling: understand and advocate what development should occur at the data level versus the development that should occur at application levels; define non-relationship data stores and define where they shine over relational data stores.
- Provide quality and timeliness drafts and revisions to application architectural concepts and application module designs, complete integrated application suites, and database schema modifications with great consideration for security, performance, scalability, and reliability of the apps being developed. Constantly seeks buy-in from other senior developers, architects and ITDS team members on artifacts and design decisions made.
- Maintain development, QA and UAT environments, and execute unit testing and deliver error free web and mobile app code bases.
- Maintain code in version control system supporting multiple branches and deployment packages, and actively participate in continuous development, continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery where required by digital product strategies and different deployment paths.
- Lead and mentor junior and intermediate developer activities, quality and production timeline where required.
- Research, inspire and perform proof-of-concept development in ACTRA's Digital Labs by keeping abreast of new technologies that become available for sandboxing. All IT staff are expected to keep their knowledge current and be consumers of free and employer-funded online professional development courses that will advance their technical skill set.
- Other related duties and projects generally considered to be within the job category.
- 5+ years' experience in progressive, multi-tiered custom web and mobile application development in a technology-oriented company
- Superior design and MVC/WebAPI coding experience in .NET Core, ASP.NET Core, and overall in C# .NET development with Visual Studio and Team Services.
- Solid experience with custom built, multi-instance SaaS platforms
- Strong T-SQL skills targeting SQL Server 2016 and 2017
- Solid understanding of DevOps; Local and cloud Microsoft Azure environments and services, appropriate use of the file system, cloud storage, network resources and services, and an understanding of data redundancy and application scale given the hardware constraints.
- Good understanding of Ionic, Cordova, Java, XCode, React Native and Xamarin development for native mobile apps.
- Portfolio of application builds on Github or other code repository sites.
- Practical experience with JIRA software and/or other Agile Project Management tools, and testing software for .NET and SQL Server technology-based products is an asset.
- Good knowledge of the concepts, practices and techniques of product management and UI/UX design
- Embraces ambiguity and the thrill of working for a high-value and ambitious technology department.
- Experience inspiring and working with cross-functional teams, and ability to handle multiple products with the flexibility to change with shifting priorities
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for new technology, self-motivated and detail oriented
- Strong presentation, problem-solving, time management and documentation skills
- Bias for collaborative action (team player who can drive action)
Job Type: Full-time
- HTML/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AngularJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- .NET: 3 years (Preferred)