Are you passionate about developing amazing web and mobile apps?
Are you constantly pushing yourself to develop better, faster and more feature rich web and mobile apps?
Do you have an innate interest in developing a user experience that drives meaningful business results?
Do you want to make a difference with Digital Products?
ACTRA Digital Labs wants to move the creation of its new digital platform featuring web and mobile apps for its Members, Industry Partners and Administrative staff from conception to execution. The ACTRA IT & Digital Solutions department is seeking energetic and forward-thinking Front-End Developers who have solid product design and extensive coding experience to help take ACTRA's software solutions to the next level. If you have great interpersonal skills, are a guru in Front End technologies, and always enhancing your skills with the latest technologies, you might be just the person(s) we're looking for!
The IT & Digital Solutions team is comprised of very skilled, very committed individuals that always work collaboratively. The team collectively creates a unique work environment that is fast-paced and challenging, but also very open and supportive.
- Collaborate with the National digital technology team and applicable ACTRA staff to define problems, software specifications, joint development work breakdown structures, and technical architectures and solutions.
- Understand business workflow and what drives the business for which software is being developed. Develop robust software and implement a user interface to enhance the users experience and increase the value the software provides.
- Create interactive, functional and intuitive mobile and web applications that perform well and enjoyed by the users they serve.
- Build scalable, distributed and API driven applications.
- Provide quality and timeliness drafts and revisions to software designs and database schema modifications, with great consideration for security, performance, scalability, and reliability of the software being developed. Constantly seek buy-in from other developers, architects and other ITDS team members on technical artifacts and designs.
- Maintain Development, QA and UAT environments; Execute unit testing and deliver error free software code bases.
- Maintain code in version control system supporting multiple branches and deployment packages, and actively participate in continuous development, continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery where required by software strategies and different deployment paths.
- Keep abreast of new technologies that become available for sandboxing. All ITDS staff are expected to keep their knowledge current and be consumers of free and employer-funded online professional development courses that will advance their technical skill set.
- Other related duties and projects generally considered to be within the job category.
- 2+ years' experience in progressive, multi-tiered custom software development in a technology-oriented company
- Strong knowledge of Front End technology concepts, practices and techniques of UI/UX design and core UX principles.
- Mastery of Angular CLI, Angular concepts such as Dependency Injection (DI), Forms (Template-driver, Reactive, and Dynamic), Services (HttpClient), Directives, Guards and Pipes.
- Solid understanding of mobile application development using cross platform development frameworks such as React Native, Ionic, Cordova, PhoneGap and native platforms (Android and iOS).
- Good understanding of local and cloud development environments and services and understanding of SQL Server and NoSQL environments such as Azure Cosmos.
- Portfolio of application builds on Github or other code repository sites.
- Practical experience with multi-developer team environments and tooling such as VS Code and source management via Git and/or other Agile Project Management tools, and testing software for .NET, Mobile and SQL Server technology-based products is an asset.
- Embraces ambiguity and the thrill of working for a high-value and ambitious technology department.
- Experience inspiring and working with cross-functional teams, and ability to handle multiple products with the flexibility to change with shifting priorities.
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for new technology, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Strong problem-solving, time management and documentation skills.
- Bias for collaborative action (team player who can drive action).
Job Type: Full-time
- Html5: 2 years (Preferred)