Active Networks is a quickly growing High Speed Internet Access provider in the US and Canada. Most of our clients are in the Hospitality industry; the major software project you will be working on is a dashboard monitoring tool that we've developed for use by our clients and support staff to monitor equipment status at customer sites.
Job Description/ Why We're Hiring
We are looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for deploying, administering, backing up, and monitoring production servers for our dashboard monitoring application; also, to collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
The dashboard monitoring application is written using Angular2 on the frontend and ExpressJS on the backend. The system requires a main server and remote servers at each customer site, both main and remote servers are running Linux CentOS 7. Remote servers run services to report connected device statuses back to the main server; the main server stores data from remote servers and displays it to the end user.
- Maintain production environments for both the main application server and remote servers at customer sites.
- Generate backup running configurations and log files for all network devices connected to the remote monitoring servers.
- Work with Full Stack developer to make backup running configurations and log files available to administrative end users.
- Implement RADIUS login functionality for the application. RADIUS login credentials will be tied to our active directory, our support staff should be able to log into remote devices and the web application frontend using their active directory credentials.
- Maintain a whitelist of domains so end users not in our active directory can create an account and log in without using RADIUS.
- Generate RADIUS logs showing what was changed on each network device and which user made the change.
- Experience with RedHat Linux CentOS 7.
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of Linux scripting languages.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, telegraf etc.
- Strong grasp on configuration management tools such as Puppet, Ansible, or Chef.
- Familiarity with load balancing, firewalls, etc.
- Proficient with network tools such as iptables, Nmap, Linux IPVS, etc.
- Ability to build and monitor services on production servers
- Knowledge of networking equipment like servers, switches, gateways, wireless controllers, etc.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Understanding of SNMP and MIB files.
- Experience using database systems such as MySQL, MariaDB, and InfluxDB.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 1 year (Preferred)
- Network: 1 year (Preferred)