Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs) was established in 1987 and is one of Canada's premier service laboratories supporting a vast array of clients. With head office situated in Ancaster Ontario, Actlabs provides services in over 90 countries and has several strategically positioned facilities that support global markets. We are recognized throughout the world as a leader in analytical testing, development services and delivering quality analysis. Actlabs provides analysis in the geochemical and geo-metallurgical market, material testing, agriculture, forensics, environmental and life sciences. Quality, Innovation and Service are the three words which best describe Activation Laboratories Ltd. (Actlabs).
B.Sc degree in Computer Science and 3+ years related experience.
- 3+ years of experience with Linux (Ubuntu) and Windows Servers
- Experience in administering and programming in MySQL and MSSQL
- Familiar with unit testing/web testing and documentation
- Working understanding MVC frame work
- Ability to program PHP applications using object orient methods
- Experience working with large scale applications
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and drive
- Demonstrate attention to detail with strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to problem solve and multi-task
- Ability to work well independently and work as a team (work well under pressure); excellent interpersonal skills
- Available to work on-call, extended hours, week-ends and holidays.
- Must be flexible on shift assignments; on call maybe required
The following responsibilities may include some or all of the following or any other tasks assigned directly or indirectly by the IT Manager.
- Participate/lead in IT team projects, team meetings
- Interview end users to gather internal company requirements to translate into detailed project plans
- Prepare requirements, architecture and technical software documentation
- Assist with testing other developer's software
- Respond to bug tickets with timely fixes
- Document software in end user help files and IT knowledgebase articles
- Manage their code within our version control system
- Compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Confidential and Professional Conduct Policies
Please note that applicants applying for Canadian job positions must be authorized to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Submit resume and cover letter via e-mail. Include the position title in the subject line. No Phone Calls Please!
Quality Analysis in a Timely Fashion-Innovative Technologies-
Dedicated to Supporting Our Clients
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software/Web Development: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)