Responsible for identifying and implementing system and process improvements throughout the Grainger DC network. Supports Grainger’s strategic focus and the customer experience to grow the business. Main objective will be to partner with DC Leadership and DCOE to optimize DC workflows and performance throughout the network. The focus will be on improved quality, customer experience, productivity and reduced overall cost. This role will include support of AGI, GMEX, GUS and Cromwell as needed.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with DC Operations to identify opportunities for DC systems and process improvements
- Develop scaleable systems and process improvements to apply across DC’s
- Translate business requirements to the Application teams
- Utilize the WMS (Warehouse Management System) and WCS (Warehouse Control System) to test and validate the benefit of proposed improvements
- Document processes to create training documents for DC Systems and Process changes
- Conduct training sessions with DC Teams as needed
- Be a change agent and supporter of new process.
- Support DC teams through change management
- Implement changes seamlessly with a primary focus on AGI with possible assignments at GMEX, GUS and Cromwell DCs
- Gain support and alignment with other functional areas including, but not limited to, inventory planning, finance, network design, space management, EH&S, HR, transportation, and others as needed
- Support the management of break-fix issues through Service Now incidents
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a high volume, multi-shift order fulfillment branch or distribution center dealing with large team member populations.
- Adapts well to cultural differences at supported DC’s
- Strong leadership and coaching skills; derived from mentoring team members
- Proven training and team member development skills with a strong emphasis on team building.
- Develops and maintains positive team member, customer and cross-functional team relations
- Ability to lead and innovate change with Sr Managers, DC Directors, Branch Managers, Sales teams and leadership
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with the ability to drive results.
- Demonstrated and superior interpersonal, problem solving, leadership and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Demonstrated team-playing attitude and an ability to provide effective direction to team members
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self-starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines.
- Capable of working flexible hours to meet the needs of the business.
- Exceptional computer skills and aptitude
- Completion of Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (60-75%)
- Work area will include both office and DC work areas
- Extended on-site support will be required during system implementations at various distribution centers throughout the network. This will require some weekend support as well as 2nd/3rd shift coverage.
- Must be physically able to work in warehouse environment during implementation support
Acklands-Grainger strives to be an employer of choice, to attract and retain top diverse talent, and to provide a safe and positive work environment for all of its team members. As part of Acklands Grainger Inc. hiring process, pre-employment background checks will be required for all external candidates. Internal candidates will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check when they move from a non-driving role to a driving role and/or a director role and above position.
In accordance with Performance Excellence guidelines, team members are encouraged to apply for positions closely matching their experience/background and that are aligned with their Individual Development Plan. Acklands-Grainger Inc is committed to the principles and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities. Accommodations are available on request for all persons with disabilities taking part in the selection process.