We are seeking an IT professional with a strong appreciation of system administration and network security. The primary duty and responsibility of this position will be to support and manage our internal systems and cloud infrastructure.
This position requires varied experience with cloud, database, network systems, plus Windows and Linux administration. It also requires excellent communication and analytical skills to work with internal users and other members of operations team to provision, assemble, configure, and maintain systems and servers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration and support of a mixed network of Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops and servers
- Management of AWS cloud infrastructure for internal and external computer systems
- Network management and configuration including setting up site-to-site VPN tunnels between different office locations
- Management of VOIP telephone system
- Procurement and configuration new PCs and various computer hardware
- Maintaining an inventory of all equipment and services
- Providing Help Desk support to internal staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Experience with building and maintaining Windows, Mac, Linux-based desktops and servers
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as Hyper-V & VMware
- Experience with network and VPN configuration
- Accomplished with Amazon AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Apache, Samba, LDAP, Cisco, Active Directory
- Comfortable working from the command line and with shell scripting
- Service-based attitude with strong attention to detail and corporate standards
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- BSc in Computer Science or related post-secondary diploma
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Please submit your resume via email and include the job title in the subject line. Thank you to all who apply but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time