ARE YOU READY to step up and take your technology expertise to the next level?
There is never a typical day at Accenture, but that’s why we love it here! This is an extraordinary chance to create a rewarding career at Accenture Technology. Working in a digitally-driven, innovation-led environment where you can help clients shift to the New using leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Most software developers, engineers, and architects get to build software systems. Very few get to say with a straight face: “I’m reinventing banking.” Or hospitality, or logistics, or insurance. We’re combining technology, industry expertise, and entrepreneurial experience to massively disrupt our clients’ core businesses, in order to propel them into the future and create better products and experiences for everyone.
WORK YOU’LL DO
As Microservices Developer, you will be a key participant in the delivery of a modern software platform based on an event-driven microservices architecture. You will participate in scrum teams, have opportunities to enhance your skills, design and build common component libraries and services, proofs-of-concept, and application software, and troubleshoot challenging problems.
WHO WE´RE LOOKING FOR
Required skills and experience:
- Significant experience developing enterprise applications for the JVM with Spring
- Experience in microservices development with Spring Cloud / Netflix OSS and Spring Boot
- Proficient in unit testing with JUnit or similar frameworks
- Experience in source version management with Git
- Familiarity with DevOps practices
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Experience with Spring Boot 2.x
- Proficiency with Maven or Gradle
- Domain-driven design experience
- Building and deploying microservices for deployment as Docker containers
- Proficiency in performance analysis, testing, and optimization
- Experience with service deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- JVM functional programming languages such as Kotlin, Scala, or Clojure
- BDD with AssertJ
- Spring Web Reactive
- Kubernetes or OpenShift
- Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud
- Azure Kubernetes Service, Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes, or Google Kubernetes Engine
- Istio, Linkerd, or Knative
WHAT´S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive benefits, including a fair and balanced parental leave policy.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career across industries, local and global clients
- Performance Achievement and Career Mentorship – our performance management process that focuses on your strengths, progress and career possibilities.
- Opportunities to get involved in corporate citizenship initiatives, from volunteering to doing charity work.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website at accenture.ca/careers.
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 442,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.