The Academic Technology Ventures, Inc. (ATV) Team is looking for an entrepreneurial type that can bring an "above and beyond" effort. Our ideal candidate would have the ability to collaborate and thrive in a fast pace & entrepreneurial environment, customer driven, thinks like an owner, good business instinct/judgment, demonstrates and fosters innovative thinking. The incumbent will support the technology acquisition team to assist in evaluation and licensing of additional technologies, in addition to supporting various business development activities spanning our entire portfolio of start-up companies.
Title: Business Development Associate
Reports to: Director of Technology Acquisition
Job Type: Consultant
- Technology Evaluation and Licensing: Assist in leading the evaluation and due diligence of new technologies from Universities and Government labs; negotiate and close licenses on new Intellectual Property of interest.
- Company Packaging: Support the packaging team to help develop and refine business plans, pitch decks, and other marketing materials for both new and existing portfolio companies.
- Business Development: Will be involved in various business development and strategic partnership initiatives spanning various portfolio companies.
- Miscellaneous / Additional Duties: As assigned, candidate must be able to quickly adapt and shift attention to various tasks that arise on a day-to-day basis.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- University Degree or College Diploma required; 1-2 years of related experience in business development would be an asset; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Strong, proven experience exhibiting business writing skills and project management skills
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate with internal and external representatives.
- Comfortable to effectively communicate on the phone, during presentations, and client meetings
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; is dependable, enthusiastic, self-starting and self motivated.
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and virtual teams.
- Must already have personal computer/laptop, phone, and internet connection established.
- Must be able to work with minimal to no supervision.
- Must be flexible with work hours and responsibilities.
Salary: $500.00 USD /week
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $500.00 /week