Abstract is a design workflow management platform supporting modern design teams with version control, file management, and team collaboration. Since launching our Beta in July 2017, customers like Github, Shopify, Unity, are using Abstract to manage their design workflow. Abstract is a technically ambitious product and we're looking forward to seeing how you can contribute to these goals. The best candidates will be capable and enthusiastic about building out a world-class team and product with us.
At Abstract, we are actively working to build a diverse and inclusive organization. Here, diversity includes age, economic class, educational background, ethnic variance, familial status, gender, gender expression, gender identity, marital status, national origin, religious affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, or veteran status.
Abstract is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Amplify Partners (http://www.amplifypartners.com/) , Cowboy Ventures, (http://cowboy.vc/) First Round Capital (http://firstround.com/) , Scale Venture Partners (https://www.scalevp.com/) and others. We announced our $16MM series B funding in May 2018.
If you have a passion for telling the world about exciting new products and have an interest in UI/UX or marketing design, then this may be the perfect next career opportunity for you.
Abstract is searching for a Director of Product Marketing. In this role, you will own all outbound product marketing activities. Your responsibilities will include product & company positioning, sales enablement and tools development, market & competitive analysis, product launches, and community development.
Your Key Responsibilities
* Developing positioning and messaging that resonates with our core audiences: product designers, product managers and developers
* Enabling and empower the sales team by developing collateral that supports the buying cycle
* Developing marketing collateral: data sheets, eBooks, white-papers, webinars, presentations, etc.
* Collaborating with Content Marketing team to create thought leadership content for design products and target verticals
* Performing market and competitive research and analysis
* Building customer relationships to develop reference, case studies and champions
* Developing go to market plans for new products and features across sales, support, marketing and operations
* Working with product management and engineering to define product roadmap and timelines
* Presenting at meet-ups, trade shows and conferences
* Supporting public relations, analyst relations and social media marketing with content/commentary
Desired Skills and Experience
* Positioned and launched at least 2 new software products
* Created and managed sales enable programs and tools
* Experience managing marketing teams
* Ability to credibly influence & manage across the organization
* An understanding of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe suite or InVision a bonus
* Experience positioning products to both technical and business audiences
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
At Abstract, we offer resources that emphasize personal and familial well-being. We provide 99% healthcare coverage, including dental, vision, and life insurance. We offer 10 weeks of parental leave, unlimited paid-time off, and flexible working arrangements.
To help employees plan for the future, we're able to offer competitive pay and a 401k. New teammates receive a MacBook Pro.
We are a distributed team and we are able to offer US-based remote employment for most roles. We offer travel opportunities for company meetings, team meet-ups, and the occasional conference.
Though we're a distributed team, we're currently only able to hire US-based candidates.
As part of our security protocols, offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check.