To apply for a position at ABRAMS, please complete the employment application by clicking the following link, https://www.abramsbooks.com/apply
SUMMARY: The Junior Designer will work with both the Art Director on design implementation and the Design Manager to ensure smooth departmental workflow. This is a growth position with the potential to create original book and cover designs. The Junior Designer will support the Adult Design Dept. with a focus on Abrams Noterie and Image imprints.
- Design books and gift/stationery products based on templates provided by art directors
- Originate cover and interior book designs
- Input text and image corrections on existing designs
- Preflight files for print
- Packaging files for release
- Convert sample pages/images/spreads for iblad, ppt, catalog, trade shows, etc.
- Create and print thumbnails, contact sheets and routing passes.
- Assist in trafficking projects to and from editorial and production
- Assist art director with preparation for cover meetings
- Assist with various administrative duties
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- A proactive person with strong communication and collaboration skills
- Portfolio required, BFA preferred