The Architectural Designer prepares a broad range of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures, obtaining and assembling the necessary data to complete the designs to specifications for use by engineers, consultants, project managers, supervisors and customers. The Architectural Designer ensures that design drawings are prepared in a complete, accurate and timely manner to meet Project Manager requirements. This position reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- High skill level in AutoCAD Architecture software, skilled in PC usage and Microsoft Office; ability to learn new software.
- Prepares site plans, floor plans, building elevations, reflected ceiling plans, cross sections, wall sections, construction details, and door and room finish schedules using Auto CAD Architecture software.
- Provides engineers with preliminary foundation plans, foundation detail drawings and structural steel layout drawings.
- Prepares presentation drawings as required for design-build projects.
- Ensures proper, current drawings are on site.
- Works closely with Project Managers during all stages of a project to escalate customer requirements from the initial design work to the final stages.
- Plots and prints drawings for project managers and construction trades.
- Assists Project Managers by providing drawing and specification packages for subcontractor pricing; assists in assembling subtrade pricing for projects; verifies and approves project shop drawings of various subtrades on projects.
- Prepares a final set of 'As-built' drawings for all projects.
- Maintains project and AutoCAD drawing files; hard copy as well as on the server; to ensure the information remains up-to-date and filed appropriately.
- Orders drafting supplies as needed
- Drawing storage is organized and book is maintained for reference
- Timesheets – handed in weekly
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
The Architectural Designer will bring innovative thinking and attention to detail to every aspect of the role. Working in support of various projects and Project Managers the Architectural Designer must be highly motivated and able to effectively manage time and multi-task in order to provide the necessary levels of direction and support.