Account Management encompasses the management and administration of assigned customer accounts. It also maintains close business relationships with customers, alerting them of new developments or products and assisting in resolving problems. In addition, Account Management includes coordinating with other groups to provide effective responses to customer requirements and anticipating future needs.
Manage activities of a group responsible for the sale of products and services within a specified district. Direct the evaluation of commercial and engineering aspects of customer requirements, and develop and implement sales strategies designed to satisfy those requirements while achieving maximum profit margin and customer satisfaction.
Typical duties/responsibilities for sales may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage district sales activities to achieve assigned order intake, margin, and other objectives, within budget. Ensure that business opportunities are recognized and the business units are positioned to take full advantage of those opportunities.
- Direct sales support personal and assist them with complex negotiations and sales strategies. Monitor sales and sales support activities to ensure customer satisfaction. Establish, build, and maintain long-term customer relationships in order to respond effectively to customer requirements, influence customer decisions, provide the Company with competitive advantages and maximize profit margins.
- Manage or coordinate communications among customers and various business units to ensure accurate, consistent, and clear information that is responsive to customers. Provide visibility the business units require to meet customer needs, identify resource requirements, forecast shop loading and provide value-added offerings in response to customer inquiries.
- Ensure availability and effective use of electronic equipment for communicating, processing reports, developing spreadsheets, and managing customer databases.
- Provide counsel and play a key role in meetings with senior managers to develop sales strategies, plans and schedules. Manage district sales activities to achieve assigned sales, margins, and related objectives. Negotiate leases and prepare and administer budgets. Provide guidance and training to staff, establish standards, manage and document performance and develop associated recommendations.
Complexity of Tasks:
Requires strong managerial skills and ability to interpret and forecast changes in customers' buying patterns and product requirements, anticipate market changes and evaluate competitors' products. Requires broad knowledge of Company products and ability to develop business plans and sales strategies, and communicate required product changes to senior management. Requires strong communication skills to negotiate with, and influence customers regarding major sales campaigns. Failure to properly manage a group, analyze requirements or conduct relevant sales efforts may adversely impact sales, profits and customer relations.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, business administration or related field plus 5 to 10 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments. Preferred Skill Sets: Technical sales experience, knowledge of automation products, understanding of project schedules, managing technical support personal to delivery cohesive message to customer.
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.
Type de contrat :
Unité d'affaires :
Date de la publication :
Fonctions du poste:
ID de publication: