Senior Solutions Architect: Cloud Applications-SCI002549
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Do you want to be a key part of the team that will develop our advanced cloud platform? Do you want to work with teams that design and develop advanced hardware and software solutions in one the world’s top life sciences company?
Does it excite you to know that the software you will build helps to advance leading-edge life science research, create new drugs, analyze food and water quality, identify chemical hazards in the environment, and perform forensic tests – and thus positively impact people’s lives?
Are you ready to sink your teeth into products that require strong analytical thinking, solid knowledge of software architecture, adherence to the best practices?
Sounds like a team you want to be a part of? We can't wait to meet you!
The Solutions Architect-Cloud applications is accountable for the end to end technology solutions for our Cloud applications. Ideal candidate is a hands technology guru who loves to code alongside engineers and is passionate about creating top notch systems. Candidate has extensive hands-on experience in the system analysis, design, architecture of Cloud applications. Possesses excellent communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) and able to present designs to senior management. Has the abstraction and critical thinking skills necessary to perform diligent research into inherent tradeoffs around feasibility, cost, compatibility, etc. to support the design process for any given solution. Team is constantly experimenting with new technologies, so it is important to have high level of tolerance for ambiguity.
- Building resilient and cloud ready solutions based on Micro Services, Multi-tenancy architecture, and own responsibility for the quality of software solutions.
- Designing systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms like AWS and/or Azure. Architect and co-own the convergence strategy for our cloud and desktop applications.
- Perform diligent and formal architectural tradeoff analysis around various candidate solutions.
- Responsible for definition, integrity and stability of software architecture and designs on assigned product(s) and subsystems.
- Partner closely with the product owners, business analyst to align product architecture with business needs.
- Maintain control over architecture throughout the entire software development lifecycle by continuously making critical adjustments to the architecture to ensure desired results.
- Conduct Hands-on development and code review for key designs and subsystems.
- Mentor the team on architecture and design decisions.
- Demonstrated the ability to take system level user stories, and determine components, frameworks, architecture, messages, storage, etc. to design and deliver client-server based architectural solutions.
- Performs cross-product commonality and variability analysis and proposes design elements for efficient product-line component development.
- Guides the development and architectural team to establish and adopt best practices and processes for the architecture discipline coding standards, data models, design patterns for company-wide adoption
- Coordinate programs of architecture transformation/adoption across various projects and product lines
- Research, analyze and recommend solutions which meet business and technology needs;
- Works closely with our Software Applications and Research associates, and other functions to design and develop software products and capabilities.
- Committed to on-time delivery and high quality
- May lead small software development teams of software developers.
- Mentors less senior team members, and peer reviews product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.
- Works collaboratively and proactively to maximize the success of the research and development teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- 15+ years’ experience in the computer industry. 10+ years’ experience in architecting and designing applications.
- Must have 5+ Years’ experience in cloud and enterprise architecture and implementation experience (including web services, databases, security), on platforms and technologies such as Azure or/and Amazon Web Services (AWS). AWS is preferred but is not a must.
- Experience with designing, migrating/implementing systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google.
- Must have working experience in Compute, Storage, Networking, designing (highly available and secure infrastructure), Private Cloud Solutions. Extensive experience with creating hybrid cloud solutions is preferred
- Experience with designing, migrating/implementing systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, Google).
- Must have working knowledge in API Security, API Management, Resiliency, load balancing.
- Self-starter, adept at picking up new skills and technologies, and eager to break new ground
- Profound understanding of architectural principles and proven experience of applying them to frameworks/platforms development and maintenance at the enterprise level.
- Experience with different technologies and domains to be able to make excellent choices of architecture and design.
- Extensive experience on software design using software design principles, design patterns and modeling, architectural patterns, domain analysis.
- Proven technical leadership skills and a team player, with strong collaboration skills.
- Experience with design and implementation of n-tier systems, reusable libraries and development frameworks.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven technical leadership skills and a team player, with strong collaboration skills.
- Proven experience working in a cross-functional team of technical and non-technical personnel
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Additional desired (not mandatory) qualifications:
- Experience with developing software for life sciences or medical device products.
- Professional Certifications , TOGAF, PMP
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role in enabling an enterprise cloud
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada