Senior Manager, DBS Leader – Software Growth and Development Processes-SCI002657
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
Scope of role: Although this position is specifically assigned to provide Danaher Business System (DBS) Leadership for the Software Business Unit (SW BU), collaborative initiatives will likely cross organizational boundaries. As a member of the leadership team of the SW BU, this role will have a critical “seat at the table” to ensure complex business challenges are resolved, strategic objectives serve as our guide posts, and measurable improvements are sustained.
Purpose of position: DBS is our proven system for achieving success at Danaher, SCIEX and within the Software Business Unit. It drives every aspect of our culture and performance. We use DBS to guide what we do, measure how well we execute, and drive a continuous cycle of change and improvement. To this end, this position is critical for our business success.
Overview of this role: As a DBS Lead for the SW BU, you will be responsible for the development of the DBS Roadmap for the SW BU, based on the organization’s strategic objectives, and execute by levering DBS tools to achieve sustainable results. This is achieve through critical partnerships with senior leaders and organizations, the monitoring of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), the mentoring of Associates through the Problem Solving Process (PSP), and the identification of both internal and external best practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Software teams to develop and manage a funnel of growth and development process initiatives to achieve strategic plan objectives.
- Assist commercial and R&D leaders to create a DBS Roadmap (how to use DBS tools to drive sustainable results).
- Train and install foundational capabilities in PD, Action Planning, Key Performance Indicator (KPI) management. Work with central and regional organizations to create KPI bowlers and Visual
- Management to sustain commercial process improvement.
- Work with regional Software teams to install and drive good daily management (DM) and problem-solving processes (PSP) to find root cause and countermeasure for driving/delivering growth plans.
- Support Software to deploy, improve, and sustain standard work for key Software processes, including, for example, Revenue Growth, Operating Profit, Software Development Productivity, User
- Experience, Lean Product Development, Agile,
- Identify best practices, standardize and share across regions. Benchmark and incorporate best practices.
- Schedule, charter, and facilitate kaizen projects. Ensure effective sustainment of results and support problem solving as needed to close gaps to targets.
- Directly provide formal and informal DBS training and coaching. Augment with other sources of training and coaching (DBSO, DHR DBSO, outside sources). Improve DBS training and facilitation by pursuing certification in DBS tools for yourself and others.
- BS or BA Degree in Business or Engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years track record of commercial experience with demonstrated success in process/performance improvement. Hands-on experience implementing improvements in a continuous improvement (DBS, Lean Six Sigma, TPS, etc.),
- line management or consulting role.
- Expertise/understanding of marketing function and is able to find the right balance between process rigor and creativity.
- Ability to analyze commercial capabilities, identify root cause and growth tool opportunities; has the skills necessary to be seen as credible by peers and managers in commercial areas
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view; effective at structured problem solving and critical thinking
- Ability to work with functions in the implementation of the DBS roadmap and implement key growth / development process initiatives; successfully drives change, handles conflict / ambiguity
- Mastery of fundamental DBS or continuous improvement tools
- Superior skills in communications, training / adult learning, consulting / influencing; teamwork across disciplines, regions, and cultures
- Demonstrated proficiency in time management and action plan execution
- Computer skills (word processing, graphics, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Master’s Degree in Business or equivalent with 8+ years of commercial or marketing experience with demonstrated success
- Knowledge of key growth tools: Transformative Marketing, VOC, Customer Segmentation, Demand Generation, Funnel Management, Value Selling, Pricing Margin Management (or non-DHR equivalents)
- Experience managing people and/or projects
- Exposure to and participation in a wide variety of training and facilitation environments
- Willingness to travel (often internationally), 25% to 50% of the time
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Continuous Process Improvement (DBS)
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Other Locations: North America-North America-United States-MA-Framingham