Master Data Process Analyst-SCI002686
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Join our winning team and Follow us on LinkedIn!
A successful candidate will become a data governance expert within SCIEX, developing and implementing standard work for the entry and maintenance of business-critical data. The candidate will work with business stakeholders, IT system architects and other members of the master data management team to define requirements for our data systems and lead clean-up efforts.
Candidate must be comfortable leading cross-functional teams and influencing resources for which there is no direct reporting relationship.
Project planning and prioritization skills will be important to ensure that impact/effort tradeoffs are balanced.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop/document data flow maps across SCIEX systems
- Work with key business stakeholders to construct data quality KPIs
- Identify gaps in data quality and contents relative to immediate business needs
- Articulately and concisely explain the limitations of current workflows, and propose novel solutions to drive improved data quality
- Coordinate the development of standard work documents and change management procedures around data entry, storage and system integrations
- Obtain buy in from stakeholders on proposed system changes
- Collaborate with IT team to establish necessary infrastructure to maintain data quality
- Participate in PSP/Kaizen events as a master data lead and drive objective conversation to identify root causes/countermeasures
Critical Success Factors:
- Problem Solving Skills: Comfort with complex datasets; strong abilities and prior experience related to data clean-up and/or data entry process challenges
- Communication Skills: Outstanding written and verbal skills. Able to explain complex data flows/structures in a simple and easily understandable way. Comfort in interacting with and presenting to senior leaders in the organization.
- Organizational skills: Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; Able to build consensus from the ground up and obtain buy-in from cross-functional teams; Strong influencing abilities and collaborative team players.
- Time Management: Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks; capabilities of working on and managing large projects; comfort in managing multiple projects at one time
- Details Oriented: Highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
Candidate will have daily interaction with IT, Sales and Service stakeholders, as well as other members of the global commercial operations team and the broader SCIEX team.
At least a bachelor's degree in business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a service and/or sales organization, with a solid understanding of the impact data quality has on the sales funnel and/or service delivery
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office and web-based reporting tools
- Experience managing projects and communicating risks to project timelines
- Understanding of global process deployment (SOPs, auditing, change management)
- Experience leading projects with ambiguity, where several alternatives needed to be evaluated for business impact and a final, evidence-based decision needs to be made
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Information Technology
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord