Cloud Vertical Software Development Manager-SCI002798
SCIEX – An operating company within Danaher’s Life Sciences platform
SCIEX helps to improve the world we live in by enabling scientists and laboratory analysts to find answers to the complex analytical challenges they face. Our leadership in LC-MS and CE-MS have made us a trusted partner globally to those who are focused on basic research, drug discovery, food and environmental testing, forensic toxicology, clinical research and diagnostics. With over 40 years of innovation, we continue to redefine what is achievable in routine and complex analysis.
We are seeking smart, team-oriented people who have purpose and are committed to helping us deliver Answers for Science. Knowledge for Life. ™ Our global team, located on every continent, is our greatest strength, bringing diverse perspectives and breakthrough thinking. With the power of the Danaher Business System behind us, it’s our people who have made us the industry leader. Come join our winning team. Visit us at www.sciex.com.
Sciex offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives.
Sciex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you want to develop teams that design and build advanced hardware and software solutions at one of the world’s top life sciences companies? Does it excite you to know that the software you create helps to advance leading-edge life science research, create new drugs, analyze food and water quality, identify chemical hazards in the environment and perform forensic tests – and thus positively impact people’s lives? Are you ready to sink your teeth into products that require strong analytical thinking, solid knowledge of software architecture and adherence to best practices?
Sounds like a team you want to be a part of? We can't wait to meet you!
As a Software Development Manager, you will hire, grow, mentor a team of software developers and architects that will leverage an emerging cloud platform to deliver our next generation of applications and migrate current desktop applications to the cloud platform over time.
- Manage and grow a software engineering team of up to 20 developers that will rapidly design and implement hybrid cloud apps by leveraging and contributing to our future hybrid cloud platform
- Provide strong technical guidance and direction to the team
- Supervise architectures and guide efforts to develop the technical Roadmap of projects
- Hands-on onsite (Gemba) at least 30% of the time or as practical
- Set up performance goals for team members, evaluate performance, provide coaching and facilitate professional development
- Hire appropriate staff and consultants
- Ensure all departmental procedures, processes, and best practices are being followed
- Recommend improvements to help enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the department and take ownership of some departmental initiatives
- Collaborate and negotiate with personnel inside and outside the department to ensure effective planning and successful development of software products
- 4-year technical Bachelor's degree
Possesses outstanding leadership/people management skills. Ability to lead and inspire teams to success
- 5+ years of experience managing software engineering teams of 10 or more people.
- 5+ years of experience in Cloud solutions (PaaS/SaaS) Strategy and Implementation for mid or large size organizations (this includes hybrid/private/public Clouds). Must have good knowledge of creating hybrid cloud software solutions
- 5+ years of experience with cloud relevant application architectures such as microservices or building cloud-native applications
- 2+ years of experience with C#/.NET technologies. (This is required as our existing applications are mostly written in C#/.NET.)
- Excellent logical and analytical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills. Ability to deal well with ambiguous or insufficiently defined problems, and make quick yet well-informed decisions
- Solid understanding of the software fundamentals, regardless of the particular languages, frameworks, platforms, or technology
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Graduate degree
Extensive experience with creating hybrid cloud solutions is preferred
- Professional Certifications – AWS/Microsoft Cloud Certifications, TOGAF, PMP
- Advanced Computer Science degree preferred
- Experience with designing, migrating/implementing systems on leading commercial Cloud platforms, including AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration platforms
- Experience with modern development and testing techniques such as continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Technology understanding of API management solutions and their role in enabling an enterprise cloud
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Job Function: Engineering
Primary Location: North America-North America-Canada-ON-Concord
Other Locations: North America-North America-United States-CA-Redwood City