4FMV is looking for a Senior Web Developer on a permanent basis for a financial services client in the GTA. Located in Kitchener/Waterloo our client is one of Canada’s largest independent FInancial companies.
The position is primarily responsible for designing, building and supporting web applications using mobile-first strategies in C#, ASP.NET MVC, .Net Core and front end technologies such as React or Angular. The senior developer works collaboratively with the other team members and is responsible for interpreting business requirements and translating them into a deployable solution that meets functional and non-functional needs.
The senior developer provides quality solutions to valuable business and technical user stories, working within an agile development environment.
- Designs and deliveries high quality code with consideration to maintainability, operational and administration costs and, reliability of processes related to the ongoing operation of the application
- Key member of the web application development team working in an agile fashion continuously designing, creating and delivering innovative solutions that can provide efficiencies, solve complex problems while supporting high volume and transactional multi-tenant environments.
- Uses secure coding methodologies and practices to reduce the security exposure of applications and associated technologies.
- Provide on-call and off-hour support to solve production problems
- Consults with development and infrastructure teams on requirements, functional architecture and implementation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong development experience with C#
- Strong development experience with ASP.NET MVC
- Experience using .Net Core
- Experience writing ASP.Net Core APIs
- Experience with React and/or Angular 4+
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience using database technologies such as MSSQL Server
- Automated unit testing with Visual studio test, NUnit or XUnit
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment in TFS/VSTS
- Experience creating and consuming REST services
- Experience with TFS or VSTS
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Automated unit testing with Jest or Karma/Jasmine
- Experience writing integration tests using Selenium WebDriver in .Net
- Optimizing website performance including bundling
- Experience with developing applications that meet AODA and WCAG standards
- React Native & Redux