4FMV is looking for a Program Manager for a banking client on a Permanent basis. Our client is a well known brand with offices located in North York.
The Program Manager of PMO will be responsible for the management of the project team and the management of all subsequent projects and programs in the project team.
The Program Manager of PMO will be responsible for continuous improvement of all processes, systems and procedures, based on ongoing experience and feedback of the business and performed research and analysis. The Program Manager of PMO will also be involved in strategic projects that will require cross-departmental analysis and execution. This position will develop strategies, implement long-term goals of the organization, and have accountability to ensure projects and programs are delivered on time, within budget and meet expectations. The Program Manager will report directly to the Director of Project Management Office.
- Manage the personnel responsible for each program/project within the company portfolio.
- Monitor the quality of milestone artifacts.
- Ensure projects are managed in accordance with the SDLC.
- Provide value-added Project Management mentoring to team members to support successful project delivery.
- Management of all members of the team: Coaching, On-the-job training, Performance reviews of team members.
- Review and assess current business processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Participate in special projects including but not limited to product, platform and process enhancement.
- Prepare project plans, clearly defining objectives, benefits, timelines and cost estimates.
- Support the department by way of technical and procedural knowledge.
- Work closely with other departments to effect changes and enhancements in a seamless manner.
- Assist in the preparation of business cases based on user needs.
- Manage/monitor projects according to project management methodology.
- Review business processes and identify areas for improvement.
- Organize and conduct request for proposals as required.
- Liaison with auditors of all types including monitoring of audit issue follow up.
- Prepare and present recommendations to Senior Management.
- Work with the IT Development and business teams to outline costs, develop detailed technical requirements and documentation.
- Provide project and program status updates to Senior Management.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of project and people management required
- Prior experience in managing large projects
- Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making recommendations
- Strong analytical and technical skills, particularly in requirements/resolution and quality assurance
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project
- Experience with business process documentation tools
- Experience with testing strategies and tools
- Proven ability to initiate projects, document requirements, define/test/implement solutions
- Ability to negotiate, build relationships and manage conflict
- Ability to manage customer expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral