4FMV is looking for an Automation Tester on a contract basis for a client located in Downtown Toronto. Located just steps from Union Station, our client is a leader leader in their field.
- Design and develop test scripts, test cases. Document and execute test scripts (VB Script) Unified Functional Test (UFT)/Quick Test Pro (QTP), automation tools.
- Proficiency in Test Automation design and implementation preferred on a web app.
- Work closely with Developers, SMEs and business users to understand the inner workings of a product
- Experience in Agile Development/Iterative Development Methodology (SCRUM) highly desired.
- Responsible for creating test data based on the requirements
- Work with members of QA team to review test case candidates for automation
- Develop automation tests using corporate standard automation tools and framework
- Monitoring and reviewing of all test executions and generate test results report for each run distributed to the QA team.
- Providing execution reports to QA lead and QA team weekly or end of sprint as required:
- Test results for each run of BVT, Smoke and Regression
- Identify opportunities to define and improve our test automation processes so they are extremely effective and efficient
- Create scripts to compare and validate data results from testing
- Set up data, tools, and databases to support integrated test environments
- Work with the development team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the QA automated testing environments
- Fully document any unexpected anomalies or defects identified in testing with instruction of how to recreate each
- Conduct initial root cause analysis of identified defects and raise necessary tickets if it is a defect
- Maintain automated test scripts for handover to Operations post deployment
- Educate team members on test automation and drive adoption
- 7 + years of experience in QA and testing efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related
- Experience with QTP/UFT or Selenium Automation
- Experience in SQL, XML, UNIX/Linux development preferred
- Experience in descriptive programming, database testing using QTP or selenium
- Comfortable working with SQL, design and development of frame work, and development of library functions