4FMV is looking for an Application Architect on a permanent basis for a banking client in North York.
The Solution Architect is responsible for delivering application solutions across the enterprise (bank wide) by translating client’s business requirements into specific application, system or process solution designs. The role is responsible for defining, setting direction and establishing technical governance of all projects ensuring that they align to Enterprise Architecture standards and the organizations policies. S/he are accountable for refining and driving architectural best practices as they relate to design, deployment, and operation of the organziations enterprise infrastructure services in alignment with the overall objectives of the organization.
The Solution Architect is in charge of these key assets:
Application Solution roadmaps and technical Standards on her/his assigned domain(s)
Reference Solution Architecture including best practices, frameworks and usage guidelines
Develop and maintain Enterprise-level solution catalog to facilitate reuse and avoid duplication
The Solution Architect role focuses across the entire portfolio of projects and guides their overall high level solution approach while supporting Technical Leads and developers on individual projects. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting application development, operations and testing teams as they leverage these assets and evolve them as the enterprise architecture aligns with business and technology evolution.
The Solution Architect closely collaborates with the Enterprise Architecture team to influence mid-term and long-term IT vision, strategy and roadmaps ensuring alignment with the organizations objectives and business strategy and optimal applicability for the Solution Architecture
The position requires comprehensive knowledge of the origanizations application architecture and infrastructure as well as understanding of the organizations products, business processes and business and IT strategy.
The Solution Architect, reports directly to theSenior Manager, Software Development.
- Defines, sets direction and establishes technical governance of all projects on assigned areas of responsibility, ensuring that they align to Enterprise Architecture standards and the organizations policies.
- Defines solution patterns as well as development guidelines and best practices in alignment with the Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Responsible for development, maintenance and support of Web Based Applications, Mobile Applications, Business Service APIs, Data Power, Insights Application, FileNet Workflow and Content Management as well as other components of the Banking System.
- Ensures the solution design is cost effective as well as aligned with business objectives and effectively meets project’s requirements - simple, coherent, scalable, secure, components are re-used and development guidelines and best practices are followed.
- Ensures that new solutions are effectively implemented and operationally ready
- Acts as a partner to the PMO intake process by providing internal consulting to the business around, but not limited to: new business case assessment, projects for impact and feasibility analysis.
- Provides technical guidance, mentorship and coaching to Technical Leads and other members of the Software Development team.
- Consciously improves development practices in alignment with digital innovation and strategy with the end result of evolving development team’s capabilities
- Enhances awareness on the Software Development team by hosting “knowledge sessions” on a regular basis to communicate updates and progress with respect to various projects across IT.
- Promotes creative thinking and innovative solution design to evolving and changing business needs; identify optimization opportunities to simplify current solutions and reduce application complexities.
- Provides technical solution strategy and product innovation input into overall organizations IT Strategy
- Collaborates with the Enterprise Architecture team to influence the evolution of the organizations infrastructure and application architecture.
- Maintains technical proficiency to ensure the organization is well positioned for technical advances in the marketplace.
- Specializes in at least one technology discipline.
- Actively participate in research, development, testing and production support activities.
- Establishes and cultivates strong business relationships with peers, management and other internal stakeholders
- Prepare and present solution recommendations to the IT management team – up to but not limited to the VP level.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University or College Degree
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in software development with a focus on large scale enterprise applications
- 5+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in various areas of software design and architecture
- Proven track record for working effectively with technical and business functions
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of complex technology ecosystems (applications, infrastructure, network, etc.)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Highly competent in enterprise application delivery and design techniques
- Strong analytical skills required in identifying problems, validating and making recommendations
- Excellent documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast paced, demanding and rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable with taking a creative approach, to explore new and unique ideas while continuously looking for improvements
- Demonstrated ability to seize opportunities to work outside his/her comfort zone to develop and stretch him/her-self
- Strategic / big picture thinking
- Positive passionate influential inspirational leadership and mentor attitude
- Keen interest in new and emerging technologies
- Excellent written, verbal, virtual and live communication skills