Position Title: Front End WordPress Web Developer
Position Type: Full Time
Location: London, Ontario.
We will not consider subcontracting this role.
We will not consider a remote applicant.
44 North Digital Marketing is a full service digital marketing agency specializing in lead generation, web design and email marketing automation. We help businesses generate leads, increase sales and transform customers into brand ambassadors.
Our services include:
- Digital Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Graphic Design & Web Development
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising Management
- Search Engine Optimization
- Email Marketing Automation
- Social Media Management
- Data Tracking, Analytics and Reporting
- Corporate Training and Public Speaking
Our Mission is to help businesses reduce customer acquisition cost and increase customer lifetime value through the application of targeted and optimized digital marketing strategies.
44 North is looking to add a Front End WordPress Web Developer to our digital marketing team. The ideal candidate must have at least 3-5 years of experience and have a college or university education related to Front End Web Development. The ideal candidate wants to work in a fast pace startup environment.
Essential Experience as a WordPress Developer:
- 3-5+ years WordPress based website development and maintenance experience
- 2+ years' experience with CPanel and/or DirectAdmin
- 2+ years' experience implementing Search Engine Optimization elements
- 2+ years' experience implementing plugins, Google APIs, event tracking codes and microdata markup on webpages
Skills Required as a Web Front-End Developer:
- Above average skills with PhP, MySQL, Linux
- Experience in managing and modifying server side configuration and hosting platform capabilities for optimal website speed, up-time and performance
- Have a strong understanding of W3C web design / coding standards
- Basic level skills in image manipulation using Adobe Creative Suite
Preference will be given to someone who has experience with the following:
- You have experience with building/customizing eCommerce websites using Shopify.
- You can build a WordPress theme
- You have some working knowledge of open source web servers such as Apache, Nginx
- You have experience in website security and traffic load management
- You have experience managing a cloud server
- You can demonstrate an ability to quickly self-learn and problem solve
YOUR WEB DEVELOPMENT WORK WILL INCLUDE:
- Building, updating and maintaining responsive websites
- Work closely with digital strategists, SEO specialists & designers to plan and build new websites
- Understand client requirements and translate them into proper UX and UI functionality
- Write compliant code including testing/debugging in multiple browsers & screen sizes
- Convert visual PSD concepts into functional websites, landing pages & HTML emails,
- Coding and managing custom MySQL databases and queries
- Configuring & customizing WordPress, WP plug-ins & integrating with other tools
- Create custom shortcodes, widget areas, custom post types within WordPress
- Work with various APIs
- Administer Linux-based serves and manage hosting across multiple hosts
*Note: We prefer applicants who have full-time work experience in a digital agency environment for at least 2 years*
Only candidates with at least 3 years of experience and intermediate / expert skills in the following will be considered:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 2 or more years of front-end development experience.
Other must haves:
- You must be an organized, self-starter that gets things done.
- You must be a clear communicator.
- You must be flexible and eager to identify, learn, and use new and changing technologies.
- You must have the ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- You must have attention to detail.
- You must be a quick learner and able to grasp concepts quick.
- You must be self motivated to learn and conduct professional development to improve your skills outside of work.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Pay
- Downtown Office
- Free Parking
- Opportunity for advancement within growing company with established client base
Job Type: Full-time
- WordPress: 1 year (Preferred)