- Canadian Citizen,
- Over the age of 16, and
- 15 High School Credits (Grade 10) with grade 10 applied Math
The primary duties of a Mobile Support Equipment Operator are to provide:
Mobile Support Equipment Operators operate military vehicles ranging in size from standard automobiles to tractor trailer equipment and all-terrain vehicles.
- Operate buses, automobiles, trucks and tractor-trailers
- Operate specialized mobile equipment such as fueling tankers, snowplows, tractors and all-terrain vehicles
- Receive, load, secure and unload materiel and equipment transported by road
- Provide transportation support for combat and field operations
- Maintain equipment in serviceable condition by cleaning, inspecting and correcting minor faults
- Prepare dispatch schedules and coordinate user requirements for vehicles and equipment
- Prepare and maintain job-related forms, records and reports
The Canadian Armed Forces Primary Reserves are the part time component of the Canadian Armed Forces. We are trained to the same level as our Regular Force counter parts and perform the same jobs. Typically training with the Reserves occurs on Thursday nights (1900hrs-2200hrs), one weekend a month, and longer duration (2-3 months) during the summer. Deployments are an option after a soldier becomes fully qualified, volunteer based commitment. There are many benefits to a part time career with the CAF, some are listed below.
- Pay $96.06 to $108.80/day for 1-2years, $140.12/day for 2 years plus and the pay scale continues with rank and time in.
- Benefits, 80% coverage dental work, 50% on cosmetic dental work, for the serving member only.
- Experience, opportunity and resume building like no other line of work can offer. Speak to a Recruiter today for more info.
Related Civilian Occupations
- Bus Driver
- Snow Removal Equipment Operator
- Dispatcher (motor vehicle)
- Truck Driver
Mobile Support Equipment Operators may be offered the opportunity to develop specialized skills through formal courses and/or on-the-job training, including:
- Safety Supervisor
- Evasive Anti-terrorist Driver
- Evasive Anti-terrorist Driver Instructor
- Tractor-trailer Instructor
- Bus Instructor
- Instructional Techniques
- Air Brake Systems Instructor
- Master Driver
- Section Commander training
- Middle management
- Fleet management
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Secondary School (Preferred)