Summary of Job:
Reporting to the SVP of Brand Marketing, the VP of Brand Marketing has strategic marketing oversight across a unit of 2U university partner programs and is charged with driving prospective student engagement throughout the marketing lifecycle. The role requires significant experience in marketing strategy, digital marketing best practices, expert-level communication skills, a critical eye for detail, strong leadership and management skills, and a passion for connecting people and teams to achieve ambitious goals.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Strategic marketing leadership:
- Oversee the development and execution of a data-influenced marketing strategy at both an individual program and across a unit of university partners.
- Lead Brand Marketing directors and managers through a process of identifying growth opportunities for each program across marketing channels. With a specific focus on the user experience throughout all areas of the funnel, ensure high brand standards of our university partners are met.
- Ensure consistent brand expression through all consumer touch points in order to maintain the high brand standards of our university partners.
- Assume responsibility for serving as the subject matter leader in specific verticals/disciplines.
- Internal cross-functional leadership:
- Partner with program management teams (general managers and operations directors) to identify and execute opportunities for growth across multiple partner programs, sharing accountability for meeting annual goals.
- Work closely with the internal demand generation team and other functions to optimize the paid and organic marketing strategy for individual programs and across groups of programs.
- Must be able to present to lead and influence internal stakeholders, including at the most senior levels of the company.
- Ability to understand and make decisions based on KPIs is integral to success.
- Team development:
- Management and development of a growing team of at least 12 people.
- VPs are tasked with developing a strong succession plan for a growing organization, requiring the ability to identify areas for growth opportunity across the team.
- Oversee budget and staff resource allocation, specifically during new program launches and program expansions.
- Delegate projects and tasks as appropriate to directors, managers and coordinators.
- Ensure high performance across the team in all work, including marketing strategy, creative execution, and optimization of the full marketing funnel.
- Partner relationship management:
- Must be able to present to all levels at a university, up to and including deans. Must be able to convey complex marketing topics to a wide audience, with an eye toward influencing key stakeholders. Ensure exceptional partner relationship management across the team, leading by example.
- Continuous process improvement:
- Work with SVP and other VPs in a leadership capacity for the entire Brand Marketing team. This includes, but is not limited to: exploring team efficiencies, improving the user journey throughout the marketing funnel, identifying and streamlining best practices, motivating a growing team as the business continues to scale, communicating subject matter expertise across the marketing matrix, budget-related activities, and systems and process alignment across programs.
Things That Should Be in Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years marketing experience preferred. Additional consideration given to those who have significant experience at education or technology companies.
- Experience working with national brands in a corporate marketing department or agency setting preferred.
- Multiple years of experience in managing a team of 5 or more. Experience in managing employees across locations a plus.
- Proven experience as a collaborative, dynamic problem solver.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Must be able to adapt and thrive in an atmosphere of constant change
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including a PTO allowance for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 12 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
- Tuition reimbursement program
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.