What We're Looking For:
2U is searching for a Product Manager to drive the evolution of our Applicant Systems. This individual will ensure all Applicant Systems product initiatives are in line with the organization’s overall goals and strategy, and will work closely with our Sr. Dir., Operational Technology and other leadership members to define the SDLC and Agile processes and promote knowledge sharing throughout teams.
Our ideal candidate will have worked previously as a Product Owner, Project Manager, Developer, and/or Stakeholder in a dynamic, fast-paced software development environment. At 2U, you will work with top-tier technologists to set the bar for educational technology.
What You'll Be Responsible For:
- Drive product development from conceptualization through launch, create actionable plans, work streams and tactics and execute on those in support of new product launches
- Conduct market research and make build vs. buy recommendations
- Provide leadership and tactical guidance to Business Analysts and Engineers
- Define and manage the product roadmap, setting expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Communicate and refine requirements with development team and guide product design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Manage stakeholder expectations by delivering on product design deliverables
- Champion a strategic vision for your products with senior leadership
- Work cross functionally with teams across the value chain, including development, content, marketing, analytics, design, legal and ops.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the organization’s ability to meet its strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Leverage data/analytics to make decisions, but know how to make the call when all the data isn’t there
Skills and experience:
- At least 4-7 years of experience in product management required
- Experience of direct management/ownership of a product including financial/ROI and strategic roadmap responsibilities
- People operations and management experience
- Experience building technology products that address complex business needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of end-to-end software development process (SDLC)
Experience in Agile Software Development Methodologies
- Proven ability to learn a product landscape quickly
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Judgement, vision, and drive to succeed
Our team is smart, ambitious, and hard-working. If you’re an innovative, process-conscious Product professional who’s interested in making a difference in the higher ed space, this may be the role for you.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world’s best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies
- Tuition reimbursement program
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.