Who We Are:
As we prepare to launch NBA 2K20 this fall while continuing to promote NBA 2K19, NBA 2K Playgrounds 2, and NBA 2K Mobile, our marketing team is looking for a dedicated group of video capture specialists to work across all NBA 2K products to develop content in a variety of creative mediums: screenshots, trailers, developer diaries, interviews, sizzle reels, pre-roll ads, etc.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a Video Editor / Capture Specialist to work on-site at our facilities in Novato, CA. The ideal candidate possesses excellent video editing, compositing, & photography skills, and must be passionate about basketball and the NBA 2K series.
What You Will Do:
Working in collaboration with the NBA 2K Marketing Department to perform the following tasks for various media assets, but not limited to:
- Gameplay Capture: Capturing gameplay and other in-game features (both still imagery and video) for the development of media assets
- Video Editing: Using captured footage to create polished brand assets for internal and external use, including trailers, developer diaries, interviews, b-roll, sizzle reels, etc. Assets to be created in compliance with brand team, licensor, talent, partner, first party, and rating board requirements.
- Asset Filing: Organizing and saving both raw and edited assets in a shared network folder system, in accordance with brand team’s requirements.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Working with the NBA 2K Marketing and Development teams, the NBA 2K Video Editor/Capture Specialist focuses on the video capture of gameplay which is implemented into the production of media assets.
This candidate possesses a great attention to detail, has a keen eye for cinematography and frame composition, can take direction from outside parties to create media assets, and possesses an all-around skillset for post-production: video editing, sound design and mixing, color correction, encoding and delivery, etc.
The applicant must possess a very strong work ethic & outstanding multi-tasking skills, and consistently perform in a fast-paced & demanding creative environment.
- Must provide an online demo reel showcasing previous work upon applying. Applicants without a reel or demo work will NOT be considered.
- Photography portfolio recommended but not required.
- Experience in playing / mastering video games in NBA 2K franchise is highly preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC in conjunction with other Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and or Final Cut Pro X
- Proficient in Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Strong PC and Mac general computing skills including basic networking, troubleshooting and organization
- Excellent multi-tasking and self-management skills, and also able to take direction and constructive feedback
- Advanced knowledge of A/V compression formats and codecs, along with experience using encoding software such as Adobe Media Encoder and Compressor
- Highly creative, detail-oriented and deadline driven
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and overtime when necessary
- Fast learner, able to quickly learn 2K proprietary software and best practices