Senior Conversational Designer
Cognitive Technology and Innovation Center
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
As a Senior Conversational Designer, you will research, design, and deliver best in class multi-modal applications for web, mobile, Facebook Messenger, Apple Business Chat, IVR, Alexa, Google Home, etc., but will specialize in technologies for our Fortune 50 enterprise customers. A typical day may start with a client call, followed by a quick burst of design work by noon, analyzing data on one of the applications you’ve designed by the afternoon and reviewing a team of internal stakeholders through a prototype of another design you've completed by evening. You’ll be making decisions for all customer interaction solution related problems for the clients you are designing applications. You will apply your education and training in HCI, Application Design, or pure Computer Science, to balance out technical development, research, creative work to challenge design conventions – in fact, we encourage you to set new ones.
- Produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and rigorous user interface specifications
- Confidently defend design rationale used to create solutions in frequent executive-level design reviews
- Draw on the depth of experience, but initiate UX research and testing efforts as needed
- Conduct analyses of real usage data to inform UX efforts
- Drive root cause analyses to respond to UX performance issues
- Speak authoritatively on concepts of spoken interaction design in daily iterations with product managers, engineers, and testers
- Start simple while not losing sight of the long-term vision
- Thrive in a nimble, multi-start-up like environment
- Communicate clearly and think quickly
- 7+ years of professional experience as an interactive designer/user experience designer.
- User experience design experience including data-driven analytics and a working understanding of speech and language technologies.
- Experience working cross-team and synthesizing feedback and input from product management, engineering, and marketing.
- Experience working on projects from inception to shipping product.
- Experience presenting to and advising senior management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Design, Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.
7.ai is redefining the way companies interact with consumers. Using artificial intelligence and machine learning to understand consumer intent, 7.ai’s technology helps companies create a personalized, predictive and effortless customer experience across all channels. The world’s largest and most recognizable brands are using intent-driven engagement from 7.ai to assist several hundred million visitors annually, through more than 1.5 billion conversations, most of which are automated. The result is an order of magnitude improvement in digital adoption, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth.
Learn more at www.247.ai.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Commitment to Accessibility:
7.ai is committed to ensuring that all employees, customers and members of the community have full and equal access to its facilities, services, and information. Accessibility makes it possible for people with all levels of ability to take advantage of everything 7.ai has to offer. Should you require accommodations, please contact us through via the contact information below:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 416-214-9337 x 221