We are currently seeking a Lead Mobile Developer to join our Engineering team based in NYC. In this role, you will be contributing to the strategy, development, and design of our mobile apps.
What you'll do
- Write code to build on and maintain a suite of iOS apps for 1stdibs, mainly in Swift
- Contribute to design, UX and strategy decisions around our iOS apps
- Ensure the integrity and longevity of our code through peer code review and careful code design
- Focus on applications targeted towards consumers and designers, as well as dealers within the luxury goods industry
- Leverage shared services and contribute toward the creation of robust internal APIs
- Develop, prototype, and test new ideas, and remain at the forefront of mobile technology trends
What you'll bring
- Minimum 2 years of experience building native iOS applications
- Contributed to one or more functional, high-usage apps in the App Store
- Ability to architect and develop clean, reusable code in Swift
- Ability to understand, build on and maintain existing Objective-C code
- Ability to troubleshoot and explain performance bottlenecks
- Experience creating custom UI and animations on iOS
- Experience writing and debugging multi-threaded code
- Experience with source code management - preferably Git
1stdibs is the world's largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.