Creating beautiful experiences is what 1stdibs does best:
those with impeccable taste visit our platform for aesthetic inspiration and unique products. The visual design of our platform reflects our brand standards and voice, and we're looking for an accomplished and savvy Graphic Designer to join our dynamic in-house creative team to continue making 1stdibs.com the world's most beautiful and luxurious shopping destination.
As 1stdibs' newest Graphic Designer, you will work with several creative and passionate colleagues in merchandising, editorial, social, and retention marketing to produce design work for both online and print.
If you are someone who loves to brainstorm and develop original creative concepts while maintaining a keen eye for design and detail, you may be an ideal candidate for us, and we may be your ideal next opportunity; as a member of our in-house creative team, you'll work with a gorgeous, ever-changing supply of material throughout multiple channels and fields of design. What could be more beautiful than that?
What you'll do
- Provide support to the Director of Creative Services to produce marketing materials consistent with the 1stdibs brand
- Create visual assets and design concepts to support on-site merchandising content
- Design engaging Wordpress editorial features for 1stdibsIntrospective ( https://www.1stdibs.com/introspective-magazine/ ) magazine
- Devise marketing emails promoting 1stdibs inventory and editorial content
- Assist our social media team in the production of ongoing social content
- Produce attractive print collateral for the 1stdibs brand and sponsored events
- Strive to stay current with design trends and push the 1stdibs brand forward
What you'll bring
- 2-3 years of relevant design experience
- Must be extremely proficient on Mac platform with high-level skills in Adobe CC programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver)
- Outstanding visual design skills with an innate understanding of layout, color, and typography
- The drive to work independently and appreciation of working with a group
- Superior problem solving skills
- Empathy when understanding and interpreting a stakeholder's needs
- Respect of branding principles
- Comfort with managing multiple projects at once and meet tight deadlines
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Knowledge and appreciation of luxury home goods a plus
Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to resume. Submissions without a portfolio included will not be considered.
1stdibs is the world's largest online luxury marketplace for rare and desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers and consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion and fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital and Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators and seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, and Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.