Located at the foot of San Francisco's Telegraph Hill near Levi's Plaza, 1fb.net inc, a wholly owned subsidiary of 1 st Financial Bank USA, is an internet development company that focuses on developing internet channels, product strategies and robust technologies for delivering the Bank's products and services to its customers. CollegeData®, provided by 1st Financial Bank USA for over 20 years, is a free online college advisory service that helps students and families make the right decisions about college.
Junior Product Manager
Working with the VP of Business Development, the Junior Product Manager will help define the user experience, monitor product use and performance, author detailed specifications and requirements, and ensure that the delivered product meets the business goals for CollegeData, a service provided by 1st Financial Bank USA.
This position requires being proficient in the tools of product management and a deep working knowledge of user experience, interaction design, web technology, user acquisition, mobile applications, and online marketing, including Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This needs to be coupled with proficient web skills and the ability to connect the design of the site to the business goals of the site.
The individual hired will also incorporate product solutions and strategy, ensuring that their product road map supports CollegeData’s business goals and overall marketing strategy.
This position will have a significant impact on the future success of CollegeData, developing new site features and discovering ways to enhance the existing tools on the site to provide our users with an exceptional college planning resource.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Report to and work with VP of Business Development to define product vision and product road map that supports CollegeData’s design, marketing, and overall goals
- Under the supervision of the VP of Business Development, conduct requirements gathering and create project documentation (project charters with clear outlined scope, detailed requirements, use cases, user flows and reporting).
- Serve as IT’s link to the business, acting as the subject matter expert for the functional operation of CollegeData’s software applications and business processes
- Work closely with internal project managers and engineers to execute the product road map
- Provide functional guidance to engineers to resolve issues
- Leverage web analytics, visitor analytics, and customer data analytics to develop an understanding of user behavior and to recommend strategies that will help the site achieve its business goals
- Define success metrics for projects, ensuring that relevant data is collected in analytics
- Create page wireframes to explore multiple user experience options
- Work closely with CollegeData’s content creators, user interface design, engineers, and quality assurance to ensure that projects achieve the desired business goals
- Prioritize product enhancements and triage bugs
- Work with CollegeData’s UI/Visual designers, providing support, prioritizing design tasks, and reviewing work progress
- Complete user acceptance testing of new features and enhancements
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 2-4 years product management experience with consumer facing websites, with a focus on content-rich, data-driven web applications and mobile applications
- Ability to create a clean user experience from complex requirements
- Familiarity with new and emerging website design approaches
- Strong desire to leverage data and analytics to achieve business goals
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Technical aptitude and ability to collaborate with a development team
- Ability to create wireframes and mockups
- Demonstrated experience working with the full product development life cycle
Technical/Reasoning/Mathematical or other Specific Skills:
- Familiarity with website infrastructure
- Familiarity with best practices in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Experience extending website functionality by integrating with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other social networks and third party APIs
- Experience with email marketing and online advertising networks
- HTML and CSS coding experience
Preferred Candidate Characteristics:
- Exceptional problem-solving skill and ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional global teams
- Demonstrated experience collaborating closely with content creators, marketers, UI designers, engineers, database administrators and quality assurance personnel
- Ability to identify, analyze and clarify multiple options for new product development
- Ability to meet project deadlines and commitments
- A strong desire to work with, and be a reliable member of a small team, wearing multiple hats to get things done
- Comfortable building knowledge in areas beyond current area of expertise
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Experience working with or developing web applications for college bound high school students
- Knowledge of college planning, admission and financial aid from professional experience
We provide a highly competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits program including affordable medical/dental/vision insurance, generous paid leave program, 401(k), health savings account, tuition reimbursement, financial childcare assistance and much more!
1fb.net inc is an EO employer - M / F / Vets / Disabled.