ABSS Solutions, Inc. is in need of a Mid-Level Staff Accountant. The Accountant Mid-level position is responsible for billing clients and making payments to subcontractors and vendors. Will run accurate and timely AP and AR financial reports for the organization. The Accountant Mid Level person is responsible for computing, classifying, and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. They will be responsible for creating budget request templates, collecting requests, clarifying requests, producing financial reports, performing routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. This is a full-time position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Examines accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports, to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Attends weekly company Finance meetings via virtual meeting software.
- With very careful attention to details, develops and implements proper financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Maintains all Accounts Payable reports, spreadsheets, and corporate accounts payable files.
- Develops project cost estimates and control cost processes
- Prepares analyses of accounts and dash boards for client projects, as required.
- Classifies, records, and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Debits, credits, and totals accounts using spreadsheets and other accounting software.
- Compiles statistical, financial, accounting, or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
- Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
- Supports proposal efforts with complex cost build ups by Federal FY from labor rates, G & A and overhead rates
- Complies with all Federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Performs other accounting functions as assigned.
- Acts as back-up for the payroll function.
The selected candidate will have 5 or more years accounting experience providing support to company’s that operate in the Federal Marketplace in accordance with DCAA regulations. In addition the selected candidate should have:
- BA degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Business Administration
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful demonstrated related work experience in accounts payable
- Computerized accounting system experience required, Quickbooks experience preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and other business software and computer skills is required; Use of advanced features of Excel such as VLOOKUP, MID, IFERROR, SUMIF, pivot tables, etc. is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Competent accounting abilities, need to analyze information from an accounting perspective and make accurate accounting decisions quickly
- Cooperation with staff members in a shared management approach; Positive attitude, self-motivated behavior, professional and friendly demeanor expected in carrying out all assigned functions
- Organizational skills, attentiveness to details and accurate recall of details and outstanding related issues; determination of and adherence to deadlines
Candidate should highlight experience with the following technologies:
- QuickBooks -Required
- eFaact timekeeping
- T-Sheets timekeeping
- Excel and MS Office – Required
Candidate must be able to demonstrate that they can work independently without day-to-day direct contact with management. After training and familiarization with ABSS, 90% of efforts can be conducted from home.