1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a Technical Writer, you will work closely with our Cloud Development Team, the Head of Product, and other internal teams to create high-quality, customer-facing API documentation. You will also play a key role in influencing our technical content strategy in areas such as authoring workflow and tooling, integration with the software development process, and style guide development.
“Why 1QBit?”, you might ask… Well, we provide our people with a unique opportunity to work on some of the world’s most challenging computational problems. You will be part of an entrepreneurial team that is responsible for bringing industry-leading research to life and help guide the development of this nascent industry.
What You'll Do
- Partner with the development teams and the Head of Product to create high-quality, customer-facing API documentation, either from scratch or by improving existing internal documentation
- Partner with the development teams to ensure documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Collaborate with other team members such as marketing and communications specialists, and other technical writers to ensure consistency in workflow and writing style
- Create tutorials, walkthrough guides, and FAQ documentation
- Incorporate code samples to accompany reference documentation
- Incorporate feedback from both internal users and external customers to ensure continuous quality in our documentation
- Advise developers on naming conventions, advocating readability, consistency and, user-friendliness
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the documentation authoring and publishing workflows, and work with the development teams to continuously improve processes
What You’ll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
- 2–3 years of experience in authoring customer-facing API documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of web APIs and REST fundamentals
- Experience with structured, topic-based writing and impeccable technical writing skills
- Being a strong team player with solid communication, organization and interpersonal skills
- The ability to establish and follow style and usage guidelines
- The ability and desire to learn new technologies quickly and continually improve team workflow
- A commitment to challenging the status quo, taking smart risks, and being open to possible failure
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit’s culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects and the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and effectiveness through the sharing of information and expertise, and striving for team success
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
Not a must, but a nice to have:
- Experience authoring documentation for a technical audience (optimization researchers, data scientists, developers)
- Experience with Doxygen, Swagger, RAML, or another API documentation authoring language
- Experience using a content management system for managing API documentation like Contentful
- Experience with JIRA, GitHub, and the gRPC protocol
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.