1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for working at the frontier of new technologies. As a Software Developer on our Machine Learning infrastructure team, you will have the opportunity to develop the computational platform and the in-house infrastructure of quantum and quantum-inspired machine learning tools created by this team. At the core of this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Integrating software solutions with both classical and quantum hardware
- Collaborating with researchers to implement state-of-the-art algorithms in optimization theory, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Collaborating with researchers on benchmarking hardware and software solvers
- Working with 1QBit’s internal teams as well as customers to build machine-learning powered APIs
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
- 3+ years’ experience with the full software lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- A master’s degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent experience
- Advanced proficiency and technical expertise with C++ and Python
- Familiarity with software architecture and design, including design patterns
- Knowledge of computational complexity and data structures
- Knowledge of design and analysis of algorithms
- Development experience in Unix-based environments and proficiency in Unix shell scripting
- Experience with Git and related source control concepts
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of scientific software or in collaborating with researchers
- A demonstrated proficiency writing software interfaces to be used by both internal and external clients
- A demonstrated ability to successfully guide small projects from conception to completion
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit’s culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity success through open communication
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
Nice to haves:
- Machine learning platforms (e.g. Tensorflow, Theano, Keras, PyTorch)
- High performance computing platforms (GPU programming, FPGAs, etc.)
- Experience setting up/operating distributed execution environments
- Operation research tools (CPLEX, Gurobi, etc.)
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.