1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Full Stack Developer to join a growing team. We are looking for an experienced developer who will support the development and growth of 1QBit’s product. You will use the expertise you have gained through past experience to design, implement, document, maintain, and support the 1QBit cloud platform to meet client requirements.
This role is cross-functional and may include front-end and back-end development. “Why 1QBit?”, you might ask… Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, and simulation. We are looking for an experienced full-stack developer like you to help bring these capabilities to the cloud.
What You’ll Do
- Develop clean, high-quality, high-performance, and maintainable software in both the front end and back end
- Be a part of defining the full life cycle of software development projects. This may include, but is not limited to, scoping, scheduling, and providing time estimates with respect to requirements
- Develop technical documentation to define system components, development environment, and implementation planning/strategies
- Integrate third-party services to better provide capabilities for customers
- Collaborate with front-end developers, UX designers, and other software development teams to provide and support needed utilities
- Develop unit and integration tests
- Strive for and ensure continual improvement of the product and surrounding platform
- Work in partnership with 1QBit’s customers and strategic channel partners to build enterprise applications and the APIs that power them
What You’ll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
- 5–7 years of experience with full-stack cloud development, including design, implementation, testing, operations, and maintenance
- Proficiency with RESTful microservice interface development using the correct tools for the job
- Hands-on experience with one of the front-end MVC frameworks, like ReactJS, or Angular
- A desire to ensure that everything you build has a dedicated testing framework in place
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD workflows, automation scripting, and tools like Jenkins or Travis
- Hands-on experience with software design and infrastructure-as-code architecture
- Experience with developing web services that interact with user-sensitive information
- Experience working with containerized deployment technologies such as Docker
- A solid ability to successfully guide projects from conception to completion, as demonstrated by previous experience
- The ability to work with both internal and external customers
- Experience with coaching, mentoring, guiding, and directing junior team members
- A commitment to challenging the status quo, taking smart risks, and being open to possible failure
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward, and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit’s culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects and the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and effectiveness through the sharing of information and expertise, and striving for team success
Not a must, but nice to have:
- Proficiency with PHP
- Familiarity with GitHub, AWS, Terraform, and Docker
- An understanding of cloud infrastructure, such as reverse proxies
- Experience developing in a Linux/macOS environment
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.