1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
In this role, you will work in partnership with the Professional Services Software Development Lead to implement tasks and maintain the Professional Services Software Development backlog, helping keep tasks updated and organized in Sprints. As a goal-oriented person, you will be work closely with Professional Services researchers and other developers to implement planned software artifacts in an iterative style. You possess a strong belief in developer testing and proving an implementation meets requirements by functional testing. Specifically, you will:
- Champion software development best practices
- Review software requirements and advise Product Owners with guidance from team lead as needed
- Collaborate with the Core and Cloud Teams on ongoing process improvement (Scrum, Sprint Retrospectives, etc.)
- Use JIRA to track work and report progress towards Sprint goals
- Develop tooling, product features, and developer tests in Python and C++
- Work with Professional Services team members to improve internal tooling, infrastructure, and reusable components
- Provide support by being a point of contact for Professional Services support requests
- Transition tools that have been built for specific client engagements to wider internal usage across the organization
- Be part of hiring new team members by participating in software developer interviews
- Participate in and help to improve the onboarding processes for Professional Services developers
- Extend existing products and tools to meet client-specific requirements
- Package deliverables and create detailed documentation of solutions
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and team members
- Participate in and balance multiple projects at the same time
What You’ll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
- 3+ years of progressive software development experience
- A bachelor’s degree, diploma, or equivalent experience in computer science, with an emphasis on individual contribution in Python and/or C++
- Database design and operation experience
- Shell programming
- An understanding of virtualization. Experience with Docker would be an asset
- High proficiency with source control (GitHub preferred)
- The ability to:
- Ask questions to bring clarity when requirements need refining
- Work well in a team environment with a focus on knowledge sharing and collaboration
- Adjust to changing priorities
- Learn rapidly and with enthusiasm
- Read code for correctness and offer constructive feedback to peers in code review
- Seek what is best for 1QBit and its people
- Cultivate and embrace diverse perspectives with openness and sensitivity
- Adapt communication style to work well with people from around the world and from many different fields
- Strong problem-solving skills and sense of ownership
- Outstanding customer service, organization, and communication skills
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- An openness to soliciting and acting on feedback to improve your performance and 1QBit’s culture
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.