1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
The People Operations team at 1QBit strives to revolutionize Human Resources. If you are passionate about making things better for your organization, people, and humanity, you will like it here. If you exude passion, creativity, and commitment, 1QBit is for you; disrupting the status quo is not an easy task, but it's what we do every day. If you are an exceptional person, you will fit right in at 1QBit!
You will champion 1QBit's culture and values, partnering with our leaders to help them build strong divisions by making data-driven decisions. Regardless of whether you are coaching a leader on how to lead their team, navigating and resolving employee relations issues, or managing programs that help develop our QBs (team members), you are focused on putting people first, and being as transparent as possible to help people understand how decisions are made.
As a People Operations Partner, you will solve complex organizational challenges through people-centric solutions. In this role, you will strategize, as well as roll up your sleeves and be hands-on with full cycle People Operations processes. You are a true partner and coach, passionate about developing and leading through others, while creating high-level plans for the company's divisions and for your role. This role is critical for our success in executing People Operations initiatives, facilitating strong experiences, and driving People Operations' functional innovation and improvement as 1QBit evolves.
"Why 1QBit?", you might ask... Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to support amazing people who are working on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, quantum computing and simulation.
What You'll Do
- Build relationships with our people and senior leaders to offer partnerships on organizational and people-related strategies and execution
- Solve problems to get to the root cause of an issue, no matter how complex
- Design and implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines, even those beyond people and organizational solutions
- Provide expertise in the following areas: employee relations, immigration law, career planning, performance management, coaching, data analysis, compensation and rewards, learning and development, recognition and strategic development
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to leadership and play a critical role in enhancing their leadership effectiveness
- Manage talent effectively to ensure that we have the right people in the right roles
- Drive the full-cycle recruitment process for assigned divisions
- Partner with other members of the People Operations team to deliver high value service to our people
- Address and manage a wide breadth of employee relations matters and work to resolve them with a systematic approach, adhering to local employment laws and company principles
- Identify and surface trends in both qualitative and quantitative data to help improve our organizational health and to understand when data will assist in making smart, informed decisions
- Interpret complex data and tie it back to business priorities
- Advocate for people across all teams to make their experience seamless
- Conduct exit interviews with departing QBs and answer their questions
- Facilitate work permit and permanent residency applications for new hires and existing employees
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team includes:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- 3-5 years of experience working as an HR Business Partner (HRBP) or Generalist
- Previous experience at a technology company
- A strong understanding of the full stack of HR (talent acquisition, employee engagement, total rewards, learning and development, HR systems and operations, organizational development, employment law)
- Project management and operations experience
- Demonstrated success in meeting high standards in a high-volume, fast-paced, and hands-on environment
- A demonstrated ability to build programs from scratch
- A collaborative and flexible style with the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional and matrix organizations, both as a lead and a supporting member
- Outstanding customer service, organization, communication and leadership skills
- A high level of comfort with crafting reports and the ability to interpret data to provide meaningful insight and recommendations
- Self-motivation and direction; can take initiative and follow through reliably
- Strong problem-solving skills and a sense of ownership
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- Openness to soliciting and acting on feedback to improve personal performance and 1QBit's culture
- Bachelor's degree in business administration with a focus on Human Resources, or a diploma in Human Resources
- Exposure to software development and scientific environments
- Accreditation as a Registered Immigration Consultant or an Immigration Law certification
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, including creating pivot reports, VLOOKUPS and charts/graphs in combination with analytical and problem-solving experience
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems.