1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a member of our Professional Services Team, you will utilize your background in physics and work in collaboration with other physicists, chemists, and quantum information scientists, to address some of the world's most challenging industrial and scientific problems. You will have the opportunity to work with the most advanced quantum and classical computing hardware architectures to develop and analyze novel quantum-classical hybrid algorithms in the fields of quantum chemistry and physics.
You will use your creativity to tackle the bottlenecks in the near-term quantum computing devices. You will use your experience in scientific research for experimental implementations, rapid prototyping, and deployment of powerful computational solutions. Towards this end, you will leverage the scale of 1QBit's proprietary data and software infrastructure in conjunction with commercial tools and exotic hardware prototypes.
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
- You are currently enrolled in a graduate program in physics, chemistry, quantum computing, computer science, or any other program with a focus on applied physics
- Solid knowledge of quantum physics is critical, and quantum computing knowledge or experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of software and algorithm design, and hands-on experience in scientific numerical simulation
- Proficiency in Python and/or C/C++
- An interest in applying domain-specific knowledge to further the progress of quantum computing
- The ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment, both independently and as part of a team
- A high level of comfort providing feedback to team members, and soliciting and acting on feedback to improve your performance
- Proactiveness in seeking out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects in terms of opportunities and challenges
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and effectiveness by sharing information and expertise, and striving for team success
- The ability to autonomously drive you own projects and determine when and with whom to share information to provide regular, consistent, and pertinent information to team members
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.