1QBit is dedicated to solving the world s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner s Mindset A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As a member of our Machine Learning Team, you will work in collaboration with other researchers, data scientists, and software developers, utilizing your background in machine learning and/or probability theory, statistics, optimization, or quantum computing to address a wide range of challenging industry problems. You will have the opportunity to work with the world s most advanced quantum and classical computing hardware architectures to develop new tools and techniques to interface with machine learning applications and leverage new processing capabilities. You will use your experience in rapid prototyping to implement effective and powerful computational solutions. You will leverage the scale of 1QBit s proprietary data, designing applications and classical and quantum computing infrastructure in conjunction with commercial tools and data sources to develop powerful computing solutions. At the core of this role, you will have the opportunity to work with clients and partners which include Fortune 500 companies, as well as invent, design, investigate, implement, and analyze different hybrid quantum classical algorithms in the fields of machine learning, data science, quantum computing, and others.
Operating within 1QBit s Agile team structure, it is largely you who will drive your own schedule and work in collaboration with fellow researchers, industry experts, and software developers on partner and client projects in various industry verticals. You will use the Scrum methodology to take an ownership role in autonomously managing your work and supporting your team in finishing project Sprints. You will contribute to 1QBit s continuous improvement through Sprint Retrospectives and by providing input and ideas on every aspect of how our company operates.
Peer feedback and mentorship will allow you to immerse yourself in our team s thinking from day one and will, in turn, support the development of your own ideas through active, iterative collaboration with teammates on papers, patents, and technical reports. You will also join multidisciplinary teams composed of our own fundamental and applied researchers and software developers, alongside industry researchers, to explore the solution space of open questions in the field of quantum computing. Together, you will consider the fundamental implications of each project throughout the research and software development
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
- You are currently enrolled in a master s or doctorate program in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics, quantum computing, or statistics (preferably specializing in machine learning), or have equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of software and algorithm design, data structures, complexity analysis, high-performance computing, and GPGPU programming
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, such as Python, C/C++, and/or Java
- Relevant experience with languages and frameworks typically used in machine learning
- Exposure to big data processing, deep learning, and database management
- Familiarity with quantum computing, optimization algorithms, and statistical methods
- An interest in applying domain-specific knowledge to further the progress of quantum computing
- A willingness to work on client-facing projects
- The ability to conduct research in an interdisciplinary environment, both independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with debugging and profiling tools
- A high level of comfort providing feedback to team members, and soliciting and acting on feedback to improve your performance
- Proactiveness in seeking out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects in terms of opportunities and challenges
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and effectiveness by sharing information and expertise, and striving for team success
- The ability to autonomously drive you own projects and determine when and with whom to share information to provide regular, consistent, and pertinent information to team members
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.