1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a growing team. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Professional Services team of the Quantum Computing division. In this role, you will support the Quantum Computing Division Lead to ensure that the team is operating efficiently through project management, client engagement assistance, business workflow improvement, and business research. The Business Analyst will engage with stakeholders and subject matter experts to understand the problem space and requirements. You will use your professional, business, or technical background to communicate with the team lead, support whole team initiatives, and provide business insights and analysis.
The Professional Services team's goal is to help solve difficult industry problems with clients. As the Business Analyst, you will work to ensure that the Professional Services team has an understanding of the opportunity prior to meetings, to coordinate and facilitate communication with external parties, and to facilitate planning and group meetings. The Business Analyst will also engage in the client sales process.
"Why 1QBit?", you might ask... Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves. We provide our people with a unique opportunity to work on some of the world's most challenging computational problems. You will be part of an entrepreneurial team that is responsible for bringing industry-leading research to life and help guide the development of this nascent industry.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the world's most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, and simulation.
What You'll Do
Support in three key areas:
- Facilitate client interactions and engage with clients
- Ensure that the team has the appropriate knowledge and has made preparations for clients
- Be proactive to ensure that the team is as efficient and prepared as possible to face business challenges
- Be available to take on any task the team needs
- Prepare, synthesize, and analyze business needs/documents
- Understand and improve business workflow
- Develop business cases
- Understand business markets and conduct market research
- Coordinate and file patents
- Communicate with clients
- Assess and conduct sales opportunities
- Work with the project lead to help define goals
- Understand and analyze project requirements
- Plan tasks and address key knowledge-holders/stakeholders
- Facilitate work and ensure that project timelines are followed
- Communicate with a diverse group of people
- Use tools such as Slack, Google Drive, Jira, Confluence and Salesforce
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- A bachelor's degree in Business or STEM
- Strong leadership skills and impeccable business judgment
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A professional disposition
- The ability to quickly build trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- The adaptability to handle quickly changing priorities
- Knowledge of how to adapt your communication style to work with people from around the world and from many different disciplines
- The ability to quickly move between low-level technical conversations and high-level go-to-market thinking and organization
- Experience interpreting legal documents (keeping in mind local context) and working with legal counsel on specific contract language
- The ability to assess situations rapidly and prioritize tasks
- The skills required to function in a growing company and operate effectively with fluid objectives
- Experience in juggling multiple tasks across streams and meeting the necessary requirements for each task
- Strong attention to detail, with effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and a sense of ownership over your work
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit's culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies; and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including their implications and opportunities
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and success through open communication
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional setting
- Experience working with large corporations
- Experience with project management
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with Salesforce
- A passion for cutting-edge technology
- A basic understanding of quantum computing
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.