1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
This is a unique opportunity for you to join a growing team. We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Machine Learning Team. In partnership with the Machine Learning Lead, you will ensure the team is running at optimal efficiency through project support, client engagement support, business workflow, and business research. You will engage with stakeholders and subject matter experts across several disciplines to gain an understanding of the problem space and its requirements. You will use your professional, business, and/or technical background to communicate with the team lead, support team initiatives, provide business insights and analysis, and be the business-facing member of the team, facilitating its success.
“Why 1QBit?”, you might ask… Well, as the first company dedicated to the development of quantum computing software, we are defining and transforming how the industry evolves.
If being a pioneer is not enough, you will also have the opportunity to work on some of the world’s most challenging computational problems in the areas of machine learning, optimization, and simulation.
What You'll Do
Support in three key areas:
- Foster connections by putting people first and building trusting relationships
- Be proactive in ensuring the team is as ready and efficient as possible to face business challenges
- Facilitate and contribute to client interactions
- Ensure the team has the appropriate knowledge and adequate preparations for client deliverables
- Be eager to take on multifaceted tasks
- Document and track open questions and follow-ups, which are noted verbally during working sessions
- Review written notes to ensure successful follow-up on all discussions, agreements, and questions
- Understand business needs, analyze data, and incorporate relevant information in preparing documentation
- Understand and improve business workflow
- Develop business cases in collaboration with the the team
- Understand business markets and conduct market research
- File and coordinate patents
- Work with project leads in the Machine Learning Team to help define goals and expectations
- Understand and analyze project requirements
- Plan tasks and communicate them to key stakeholders
- Facilitate work and ensure project milestones are met
- Communicate with stakeholders from a diverse set of backgrounds
- Use tools such as Slack, Google Drive, JIRA, and Confluence
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. Here is the complementary knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, STEM, or a relevant discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to:
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical team members
- Quickly build trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Adapt communication style to work with people from around the world and from many different disciplines
- Move quickly between low-level technical conversations and high-level go-to-market thinking and organization
- Interpret legal documents, keeping in mind local context, and work with legal counsel on specific contract language
- Assess situations rapidly and prioritize tasks
- Function in a growing company and operate effectively with fluid objectives
- Juggle multiple tasks across streams and meet the necessary requirements for each task
- Keen attention to detail, with effective organizational skills, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and a sense of ownership
- The ability to take initiatives, adapt quickly to changing priorities, and work using effective business judgement
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance and contribute to 1QBit’s culture
- An eagerness to learn about new trends, tools, and technologies, and to continually consider how these will influence our projects, including the implications and opportunities that they will bring
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and success through open communication
- A commitment to challenge the status quo, take smart risks, and be open to possible failure
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for the sharing of knowledge
Not a must, but nice to have:
- 2+ years of work experience in a business setting
- Experience working with large corporations
- Experience with project management
- Experience working in an Agile environment
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.