1QBit is dedicated to solving the world's most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify demanding industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark, and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers, and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, engineers, operations research scientists, software developers, quantum computing experts, and business leaders, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity - A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality
- Open Thinking - A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration - A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights
- Ownership - A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution
- Beginner's Mindset - A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin
As a member of the Product Team, you will be working in collaboration with people from across multiple disciplines on a mission to deliver high-quality products in a predictable and cost-effective way while maintaining a rapid delivery speed. Our cross-functional teams own the end-to-end quality of the products they are responsible for, and you will play a key role in enabling the team, advocating the testing of best practices, and striving to relentlessly improve our automation testing, tooling, and processes.
You will work closely with the product owner and developers to ensure that our coverage is adequate from both functional and non-functional perspectives, helping to identify gaps in acceptance criteria to ensure a quality product that will delight end users. With your knack for coding, you will automate functional tests and take ownership of aspects of the continuous integration and delivery pipelines. At the core of this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Working with both the product owner and Sprint team to transform user stories, as well as functional and non-functional requirements, into test scripts
- Designing, implementing, improving, and maintaining the automation of both in vitro and in vivo tests for web-based solutions and APIs/microservices
- Designing test plans and writing test scripts for manual and automated acceptance testing
- Developing and rolling out common tooling and frameworks that enable developers and other automation testers to work more efficiently
- Working with product teams to integrate automated tests into various steps of the CI/CD workflow
- Converting costly manual tests into low-maintenance, efficient test automation
- Conducting manual exploration and validation; you will have a clear understanding and vision of automation versus manual testing, and conduct exploratory testing and manual validation as needed
- Populating quality metrics pertaining to requirements traceability, test execution, regression automation, defects, and resource productivity at different stages of the delivery cycle
- Suggesting process improvements based on incident trends and other quality metrics, and collaborating with the team on implementing them
What You'll Bring
Members of our team bring a confluence of personality, skills, and intent that contributes to their individual development and our collective growth as an organization. The knowledge and mindset you will bring to our team include the following:
Not a must, but nice to have:
- Significant hands-on experience developing and maintaining test automation suites
- Experience with Python, RESTful API and front-end testing
- Experience with a broad range of test automation areas, including UI testing, API testing, and performance testing
- Experience with popular automation testing frameworks and tools (Selenium, Katalon Studio, etc.)
- A solid foundational knowledge of automation testing best practices
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CI, etc.)
- Experience with GitHub and related source-control concepts
- Demonstrated experience with exploratory testing, not just working to test plans
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- A philosophy of continuous improvement and a passion for knowledge sharing
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with C++ testing
- Experience with other test automation tools, such as Silk Test, SoapUI, and Watir
- Development experience in a Linux/macOS environment
- Hands-on experience with BDD and TDD
- Interest in quantum computing and exotic hardware platforms
Who You Are
You share our belief that principles, not policies, enable individuals and teams to apply their unique lens in making decisions. Like all 1QBit team members, you thrive in our flat hierarchy of empowered individuals. You embrace the rigorous examination of the thoughts and work of diverse minds from multiple disciplines because you know it uncovers deeper insights and produces robust results. You believe there is no failure in exploration because new breakthroughs often require rigorous examination of multiple paths before a conclusion is reached. You have a desire to apply yourself to purposeful work that is inspiring, meaningful, and fun, to create value for the world by advancing the ability to solve complex problems. You have a relentless curiosity for exploring new methodologies and you have an intrinsic drive to architect the foundation of the quantum ecosystem because you love the challenges and understand the rewards that the next paradigm of computation will bring.