1QBit is dedicated to solving the world’s most intractable challenges by recasting problems to harness the power of quantum computing. We identify intractable industry problems and apply breakthroughs in computation to machine intelligence and optimization science to build software that allows applications to continually benefit from advances in both quantum and classical hardware.
We believe that quantum technologies will form the next pillar of computational progress. We research, benchmark and build software development kits, online platforms, and applications that make the power of quantum computers accessible to researchers, developers and industry-leading organizations so they can solve their most difficult problems in fields such as optimization, simulation, and machine learning.
As an interdisciplinary team of world-class mathematicians, physicists, operations research scientists, computer scientists, software developers, computational chemists, and quantum computing experts, we share a curiosity and drive to uncover new ways of solving currently intractable problems using advanced classical and quantum systems.
Our work is guided by a shared set of values focused on five fundamental principles:
- Audacity – A drive to pioneer and apply new methods. To dream without limit and then do the hard work of bringing your ideas into reality.
- Open Thinking – A belief in the sharing of ideas. To approach each exploration with a receptive mindset and collaborate openly to produce the best possible results.
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration – A respect for the diversity of people, backgrounds, and skills. A wide range of perspectives reveals a more complete landscape and yields deeper insights.
- Ownership – A feeling of pride in the work of the team and a deep sense of purpose and accomplishment from your contribution.
- Beginner’s Mindset – A desire to improve as an expert while retaining the curiosity and openness that inspired you to begin.
As the dedicated Account Manager for our hardware partner, Fujitsu, you will be responsible for managing the relationship and delivering an exceptional customer experience. You will be the conduit between Fujitsu and the 1QBit team, thriving on making things happen in thoughtful and resourceful ways while ensuring everyone has everything they need when they need it.
- Operate as the primary point of contact for any and all matters specific to the Fujitsu account, including, but not limited to, answering queries and assisting with partner requests
- Manage the overall engagement roadmap and drive key initiatives forward in close collaboration with key stakeholders such as research, professional services, and product development teams
- Continuously improve existing systems and processes to enable us to successfully grow and scale future hardware partner relationships
- Build and improve existing external and internal operating procedures and workflows for hardware partner engagements
- Drive and conduct regular business performance and relationship reviews with senior management by forecasting, tracking key account metrics (e.g., quarterly business results and forecasts), and preparing reports on partnership status and development
- Collaborate with product management, research, and software development teams on the development and execution of joint solution plans with an emphasis on targeted industry markets
- Work in partnership with the professional services team to enable and facilitate channel partnership opportunities that involve close collaboration with hardware partners
- Coordinate joint industry events and launches in close collaboration with 1QBit’s and clients’ marketing and communications teams
- Take ownership and steward complex issues to resolution, escalating when necessary
What You’ll Bring
- At least three years of experience with ongoing, hands-on partner relationship management
- The ability to:
- Quickly build trusting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Adapt communication style to work with people from around the world and from many different disciplines
- Move quickly between low-level technical conversations and high-level go-to-market thinking and organization
- Interpret legal documents, keeping in mind local context, and work with legal counsel on specific contract language
- Function in a growing company and operate effectively with fluid objectives
- Outstanding customer service, communication, and leadership skills
- Attention to detail, with effective organizational skills, and the capability to handle multiple projects and stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, and a sense of ownership
- Excellent communication skills as well as impeccable business judgement
Not a must but a nice to have:
- A passion for quantum and other advanced computing technologies
- Previous experience with managing OEM partner relationships
Note: The role will require occasional travel for face-to-face meetings with partner teams and participation in joint industry events.