- You have 5+ years' experience as:
- Product Lead or Product Manager (Required)
- Analyst designing and developing software(Preferred)
- Successful program and project delivery (Preferred)
- You possesses:
- Exceptional collaborative and relationship building skills to effectively work with team members, peers, and leadership
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to grasp complexities and relationship between issues, while finding efficiencies across projects and products
- A strong project management background to manage schedule, dependencies, risk, change management, and release process
- A proven record of successfully managing awesome and innovative products from inception to delivery
- Understand and subscribe to lean startup, agile development, and user-centered design principles and practices
- Familiar with prototypes and mock-up tools such as Balsamiq or Ninja Mock.
- Experienced working in an Agile Scrum environment is a must
- Solid story-writing skills, demonstrating an understanding that the details of what you need to build are paramount
- Experience in building B2B products on different devices (Desktop, Tablet and Mobile)
- Are enthusiastic with an entrepreneurial mindset to grow the business
- You are passionate about your own personal and professional development.
- 1Life Workplace Safety Solutions is a dedicated group of Safety Professionals and Software Developers passionate about sending workers home safe at the end of the workday and protecting business owners from workplace safety related risk.
- Since 2009 we have been developing proprietary web and mobile apps; allowing small - mid -sized organizations to increase their risk management while saving time and costs.
- We think Outside the Box! We all want to contribute to making the word a better place...while having fun along the way!
- Every role is critically important and every person and their ideas matter! To that end we invest in the development of our people and lead with a "best brains, collaborative, team based approach".
Awards include 3 time Canadian Society of Safety Engineering "Excellence by a Group", Canadian Safety Leader of the Year finalist, Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Trust.
We have newly renovated office that is centrally located just a few blocks from Osborne Village at the corner of Stradbrook and Donald.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team on short term and long term plans for growth and ensure all growth initiatives align with the company's core values, culture and product strategy
- Managing mySafetyAssistant software product portfolio, including client-facing web and mobile applications
- Provide leadership and direct focus to create a disciplined and engaged culture and drive continuous improvement of operational management system
- Oversee daily operations and work of product development
- Develop and execute 1Life's product strategy through leveraging feedback from customers, prospects, as well as our internal sales, marketing, professional services and development teams
- Identify customer needs, analyze competition and convert business opportunities into product solutions
- Gather, Analyze and Validate product requirements making sure they are clear, feasible, and are in line with product strategy
- Build product roadmap(s) with new ideas based on ongoing customer feedback, market/competitive analysis, product performance and regularly communicate the "Why" to the business
- Provide leadership in user interface design and overall usability improvements/implementation
- Write clear, concise and complete User Stories, compiled via input from the broader team
- Tracking and reporting on KPIs, product development status, and related product and business metrics
- Preparing and leading Bi-weekly Sprint Planning with data engineering and software development teams for various products
- Working with the software development and QA team to ensure the product is robust, well-tested, and meets requirements before release
- Making release updates visible throughout the organization and clients, via regular demos and notes
- Perform all product owner responsibilities within the scrum team (writing and prioritization of user stories, defining and clarifying acceptance criteria, explaining business rationale, etc.)
- Work as the Product Owner in a scrum team to deliver against your roadmap and drive continual product improvements
- Create and manage a fully-groomed and prioritized Product Backlog
- Stay abreast of new industry safety trends and incorporate them into product strategy
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
What we offer:
- An amazing corporate culture and a supportive team committed to personal and professional growth
- Personal and professional development
- Dynamic, rapidly growing, award winning company in a legislated industry. Significant opportunity for advancement as we grow.
- Competitive compensation and generous benefits program
- Paid parking
Next Steps (REQUIRED): If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
- Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada
- Why you are you a good match for this role
- Your desired remuneration (ball park)
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)