Think you have what it takes to join an great team of software engineers? 1Life Workplace Sasfety is looking for our next team member - maybe that's you? We are a smaller - but growing- successful company in Winnipeg working on developing great workplace safety software. We are company dedicated to ensuring high risk workers have a safe environment and that they make it home safe every day.
As a Software Developer, you will be responsible for analysis, design, and development of world-class Web-based safety software in an agile (Scrum) development environment. This is a role for a smart developer, with a willingness to grow in the role. Your experience with programming languages is less important than your overall software development skills.
Our web app (we also have native android and iOS apps) is made of two main components: a Learning Management System (LMS) and Safety Management System that each have their own tech stack.
- Learning Management System - Linux/Apache/mySQL/PHP. This is hosted on Amazon Web Services where we use the following services: Cloud Front/Internet Gateway/Application Load Balancer/Auto Scaling groups/ElastiCache/S3/Aurora RDS.
- Our Safety Management System stack is AngularJS/ColdFusion/mySQL. We are currently moving this stack to Amazon Web Services where we will use most of the same services as our LMS.
A Day in the Life
As a developer, you will be responsible for contributing high quality code, ensuring code is well architected, written and maintainable, participate in collaborative meetings, gather feedback, plan, design, and implement software features.
Some of the things you can expect to do on a day to day basis:
- Work closely with lead developers & product management to understand feature specifications
- Create system design documentation outlining overview, diagrams, and designs specific to users, application system, and technical requirements
- Estimate work with the team using agile best practices like planning poker
- Perform coding, unit testing, debugging, documenting, and implementing of applications and scripts in collaboration with quality assurance
- Creating appropriate unit/integration tests for the features you build and bugs you fix
- Collaborate with support team and key customers to resolve technical issues
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) development environment
- Ensuring you get your code reviewed prior to merging in code and performing code reviews when requested
A Bit About You
- An experienced developer -Your background is in computer science or engineering. You have a minimum of 3-6+ years relevant experience writing code.
- Independent- A motivated person that can manage their own todo list, solve most of their own problems but knows when to ask for help to optimize their time.
- Creative problem solver -You truly enjoy creating the best solutions to complex, tricky problems, using the latest technology/methodologies/processes.
- Adaptable- Technology changes incredibly fast. You are continually evolving your skills. You learn knew technologies, you embrace new development processes, and you don't become too emotionally invested in any particular process or technology
- Takes Initiative -Have you ever noticed a problem, and then fixed it without being asked? Or observed an opportunity, and then capitalized on it? You are continually improving things when they notice ways to make them better.
- Teamwork -Loves to work with a team collaboratively but also knows when it's best to be heads down and focused.
- Customer Focus- For every user story/bug completed, there is a customer waiting on the result. Are you able to think like our customers and make our software easy to use? Do you try to anticipate the features and functionality that might be requested before the request is made?
- Collaborator & Communicator- Communication must be highly nuanced for the particular stakeholder or group being spoken to. You keep all stakeholders informed on all the important issues.
- DevOps Lover -If you can automate something, you will, so that you can stay focused on higher value deliverables. You are a Promoter of Continuous Integration & Deployment
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
Remote work is not an option. We are looking to hire locally. Out of province/country candidates will not be considered or responded to.
Job Type: Full-time
- HTML5/CSS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AngularJS: 1 year (Preferred)
- Amazon Web Services: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software Development: 3 years (Preferred)