Director of Operations
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Directly Supervises: Communications and Media Coordinator, Events Administrator, Property Manager, Bookkeeper, Security
Status: Full Time
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing all operational aspects of St. Mark's Lutheran Church. This role performs or oversees the key business functions of the church including personnel, financial and administrative operations of the church
- Supervise and support the work of assigned staff, ensure staffing continuity and coverage for maintaining business and church operations
- Manage the hiring process, including posting job announcements, receiving and participating in the interview process.
- Administer Human Resource policies and procedures as well as the benefits contracts, with support of the HR committee and lead Pastor
- Manage internal financial processes and maintain financial records; including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, donor management and banking.
- Provide oversight for the annual budget in conjunction with the Head of Staff, Council President and Treasurer.
- Oversee preparation and logistics for the annual audit/process review with outsourced accounting firm.
- Manage and review regular reporting, including monthly council reports and financial statements, donor reports, special funds reporting. Manage and prepare monthly expense reports and reimbursement expense reports.
- Establish, vet, and monitor St. Mark's administrative policies, procedures and systems
- Coordinate and provide administrative support for clergy, committees, and task forces of St. Mark's and MLT Board
- Participate in various meetings, including office staff meetings, church council meetings, annual congregation meeting and other committee meetings, as assigned.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five years office experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Able to speak in a public forum
- Able to work sitting or standing for moderate periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds
- Managing Vision and Purpose: Articulates and supports the vision and mission of St. Mark's Lutheran Church; talks beyond the here and now to a larger sense of purpose. Helps others to own the vision.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to lead others. Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside of the congregation; builds effective and constructive relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; regarded as team player.
- Organizing: Can gather and organize resources and people to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently.
- Trust and Integrity: Is widely trusted; seen as truthful and keeps confidences. Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values. Values and willing to implement the values, missions and goals of the church.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions probes all fruitful sources for answer; can see hidden problems; is excellent at analysis.
- Conflict Management: Deals with problems quickly and directly; steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; reads situations quickly; good at focused listening; settles disputes collaboratively and equitably; finds common ground and get cooperation.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done. Understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
- Planning: Accurately assesses the length and difficulty of a project; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps; develops schedules and task/people assignments; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks; measures performance against goals; evaluates results.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule