WHY CHECK OUT GIDDY YO?
Giddy Yo is not your ordinary company. Our people, products, purpose, conduct and ethical conscientious practices set us apart from the rest. Giddy Yo is a female-owned Canadian company. We hand-make organic dark chocolate and a food-based body care product, and import/distribute additional organic coffee and superfoods of the highest quality. We offer paid vacation, paid lunch, career progression when available and earned, preferred cost pricing on delicious & nutritious organic food, community involvement opportunities, a healthy work environment, and much more! If you are looking for a career that challenges you to be better, thrive in an environment that holds you accountable, desires to serve the community, and wish to join a dynamic company that makes the world a better place, then check out what we have to offer. Giddy Yo values our employees and provides an engaging and supportive work environment. We love what we do, consider joining our team!
The ideal candidate for our part-time position will be an experienced Full Cycle Bookkeeper with formal training; having maintained a minimum of a Bookkeeper Certificate and/or Accounting Certificate and/or Diploma. You will be responsible for carrying out your duties, working with and training junior staff (as needed), and overseeing our accounting activities. The ideal candidate is an experienced, focused, accurate, organized, kind, honest individual who is a team player and who thrives in an environment that holds one accountable.
Job Type: Part-time, 16-24 hours per week
Start Date: Immediate
Start pay: $22-$26/ hour based on experience
Location: 11 Coles Crescent, Unit 1, Orangeville, Ontario
HQ Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 9:00 am- 5:00 pm
Required Education: Completed University Degree/Diploma in Accounting or Finance
Required Experience: Minimum 10 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
Must have access to a reliable working vehicle as we are currently not on a bus route
We will continue to accept applications until we find the appropriate candidate
- Extensive knowledge of full cycle bookkeeping - performing full-cycle accounting functions
- Team player (Essential)
- Proficiency in QuickBooks Enterprise & Microsoft Office Applications
- Solid understanding and execution of bookkeeping and GAAP, AP/AR, entering bills, reconciling all accounts, etc.
- Knowledge of CRA regulations (WSIB, Source Deductions, EHT, HST, T4 etc.). Comply with government reporting requirements.
- Proven ability to accurately calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Maintain and prepare year end documentation for timely submission to CPA.
- Minimum working experience of 10 years in the field.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Financial and/or Accounting Diploma or certificate required.
- Familiarity with sales tax rules in all provinces of Canada. Preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly sales tax remittances in all provinces.
- Experience working with a company that generates sales from multiple channels across Canada selling food & body care products is an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening,) fluency in written and spoken English. Bi lingual in French as asset.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Strong work ethic, diligent, committed and produce work that demonstrates attention to detail
- Prior experience in working with a public accounting firm would be considered a strong asset
- Knowledge of Employment Standards Act an asset.
- Giddy Yo is committed to Health & Safety. Successful completion of mandatory training is required prior to employment..
- Carries a high standard of integrity with exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills.
- AP & AR
- Process Credit Card pre-authorized payments, post payments, cheques, Visa, Master Card, Direct deposits and Bank deposit.
- Reconcile bank accounts, credit card statement and financial statements, and produce journal entries and adjustments as required.
- On-time preparation and submission of annual/ monthly government filings (annual return, HST/ GST/ QST etc. returns).
- Issue Purchase Orders and correspond with vendors; Ensure vendors are paid on time via wire transfers; Monitor order status.
- Online Sales sync with QB, Amazon and other sales channels.
- Trade Show Reconciliations: invoicing inventory from shows, cash counting, recording tradeshow payments.
- Create/update forms as needed (client credit card authorization forms, new customer application forms, etc.).
- Keeping very organized files, back-up notes to calculations, and filing in a neat, organized and timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to improve department processes, productivity and system efficiencies.
- Ensure integrity in processing of financial transactions and monitor / define appropriate internal controls.
- Remain up-to-date on new accounting procedures and their effect on financial statements.
- Answer phones and deal with customers as requested and needed. Must have a sincere desire to help others & provide excellent service. We are looking for an individual who thrives from helping others do their job better.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.00 to $26.00 /hour
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- quickbooks: 3 years (Preferred)
- G Class Driver's Licence (Required)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)